Hemi under glass wrecks w/Jay Leno

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you see the driver held the wheel to keep his arms from flopping out and having the rolling car fall on them? Jay did a fairly good job of keeping his arms close to his torso, but I don't think he did it on purpose. Easy to have a snapped vertebrae in your cervical spine under those loads. That's why the drivers use HANS devices now.

George Hurst and Linda Vaughn, two people who knew how to put on a show. That was a good ride, because they (Jay & Bob) both survived w/o major injuries.

I had an old Econoline van-pickup, the 'cab-over' design, Dodge made one, even Chevy Corvair made one, and 2 GM engineers made an amphibious one!

One of my friend's brothers here in FL took an Econoline like mine, and put a 351 Cleveland in the bed, w/a maybe 13" driveshaft. That thing would pull a wheelie easily, quite impressive, but detrimental to your license privileges! No pics, sadly.

First thing I thought of when I saw the thread subject was Linda Vaughn, "Miss Hurst Golden Shifter," and the Little Red Wagon. Those two vehicles had more fame for their wheelstands than they did for the E.T.'s.

I am a bit suspicious of the "2500" HP claim. Oh well, I am not the fuellie engine builder.

Yes, I saw this at a track in Texas with "the little red wagon" both doing 1/4 wheelies.

First thing I thought of when I saw the thread subject was Linda Vaughn, "Miss Hurst Golden Shifter," and the Little Red Wagon. Those two vehicles had more fame for their wheelstands than they did for the E.T.'s.

I am a bit suspicious of the "2500" HP claim. Oh well, I am not the fuellie engine builder.

I'll bet money you remember more than Linda---say like the HURST MODELS!!!!!!:rofl_200:

Linda had a couple of things pointing the way for her: she was savvy about guys and performance vehicles, and she was a tireless worker. Apparently, they got their $$$-worth when they chose her for a Hurst spokesperson. I've read a few articles about her over the years, and she was highly-regarded as an emissary for the entire speed industry, because of her demeanor and presence. Hurst just got to claim her, because they hired her. Last article I saw, she was still popular as an attraction. I am not a facebook guy but she has over 21,000 'likes.' http://www.legendsofnascar.com/Linda_Vaughn.html

I'll bet money you remember more than Linda---say like the HURST MODELS!!!!!!:rofl_200:

Back