Bob Dylan wins Noble Peace Prize

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure there will be plenty of people saying it's time to reward Kanye for his body of work, since they're now handing-out awards to musicians and composers.

Like Kanye. Or this woman:

"The Swedish Academy works with a bit of delay so... in 10 to 20 years we'll be having talks about Jay Z and Kanye, and that would be great."
-Swedish author Johanna Koljonen
https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-songwriter-bob-dylan-wins-nobel-literature-prize-111411379.html

I've seen Bob Dylan several times over the years, and he's always been worth the cost of admission. The time I saw his show in south Florida when Carlos Santana opened for him, after Carlos finished his set, about half the audience got up and left, they were only there for Santana. It was a large crowd before, but more intimate after the Santana fans split the premises.

There was a concert location in Broward County FL (metro Ft. Lauderdale) named the Sportatorium, which was a sweatbox in the summer, as it wasn't air-conditioned until late in its life. I saw Dylan and The Band there, just a fantastic concert, it was shortly after The Band had released their album of the same name, about a year after their first solo album, Music From Big Pink, the rural house where The Band and Dylan spent time writing and composing north of NYC. That album, the second one, is one of my all-time favorites. Traffic to get into the Sportatorium was always a big pain in the butt, as it was a two-lane road out to the rural setting, next to a dragstrip. Now it's all developed, but back in the 1970's it seemed like driving to the Everglades, as it was just east of US 27, which is the eastern border for the Everglades along much of its boundary.

Many years later, I saw The Band again, at Hialeah (thoroughbred horses) Racetrack in south FL. Sadly, it was the last public appearance of Rich Manuel, their keyboardist. After the concert, he went to the west coast of FL and killed himself. I have 35 mm pics I took of them playing, and it's sad to think that someone so-talented would become so-depressed, he would kill himself. I guess it just goes to show you, "money and fame isn't everything."

Anyway, congratulations to Nobel Literature Laureate Bob Dylan.

ClickHandler.ashx

I watched an interview with him and I really don't know what to think. The fellow that was interviewing him asked him "how he came up with his songs" he gave a strange answer- he said " I don't know,..they came to me magically, like automatic writing,...I didn't even know what I was putting down on paper till it was done. I haven't been able to do it since. I really don't know where the songs came from."
Not sure what to make of what he said.??????

edit- I looked it up and this is what it said-

noun
noun: automatic writing

1. writing said to be produced by a spiritual, occult, or subconscious agency rather than by the conscious intention of the writer.

I saw him in Montreal on "The Only Innocent Hurricane" tour for Reuben 'Hurricane' Carter...outstanding concert.....he was 3 or 4 minutes into a mutant version of 'It Ain't Me Babe" before I even realized what it was. Really hoping I could get a copy of that but think it was a one off cuz I could never find it.

Latest posts

Back