LED Lighting Choices

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95spfldmax

Reaction score
Who's using what for LED headlights? How do you like the performance, reliability, cost? I'm having my 2nd failure with my HID setup. I love the performance but reliability seems to be a problem for me. Looks like I may need to bail on it. What are you guys using? and how do you think they compare to HIDs?

Who's using what for LED headlights? How do you like the performance, reliability, cost? I'm having my 2nd failure with my HID setup. I love the performance but reliability seems to be a problem for me. Looks like I may need to bail on it. What are you guys using? and how do you think they compare to HIDs?

I'm using the 130/90 (it might be 130/100) that Sean sells. SUPERBRIGHT. It is white light (so its a blueish bulb) and had it for the last 2 years with no issues. You do have to put in the ceramic pigtail that Sean sells as well, but have never regretted it. I believe that Steve has the same one. Cost isnt bad either.

Easy to change it out. Did it in the parking lot at Eureka Springs at night. Took MAYBE 20 mins.

If you're going to use Halogen lighting, I'd really recommend a set of headlight relays, especially with a high wattage bulb. When I wired up my relays, I used 10 gauge wiring, directly from battery to bulb. The original wiring, which carries the power to the headlight now only carries enough current to trip the relays. The resistance to the bulbs is minimized, and the headlamp is crazy bright! With a healthy charging system, you will be amazed how bright a standard wattage H4 bulb can be.

Latest posts

Back