Exhaust feedback please

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noxx72

Reaction score
My 2001 came with Cobras from the PO. I know a lot of riders here don't care for em, but truth is I think they look and sound good. Sure a Kerker 4-1 makes is better for performance, but I don't want that thing hanging off my bike. Blech.

So in the new year I'm looking to spend some $$ and get, if not the best of both worlds, at least a reasonable compromise.

There's a lot of UFO hate around here, never done business with em, but customer service aside, how is their product? Is it worth the cash in HP increase over my cobras?

The other exhaust I've been looking at is the Hindle system, any feedback from owners would be appreciated.

Is there anything else out there with a nice 4-2 look without huge obnoxious cans on it? I've been looking but everything I find seems to be either all looks or all business, can't a guy get both?

If you don't like the look of the big cans, and you don't mind really loud, i think you should consider the ufo system. Just remember like you said, (customer service aside). That system resembles the cobras and it makes good HP ...

If you don't like the look of the big cans, and you don't mind really loud, i think you should consider the ufo system. Just remember like you said, (customer service aside). That system resembles the cobras and it makes good HP ...

I don't mind really loud too much, half of my friends ride HD's that sound like armageddon.

To ME service IS everything.

I look for the best provider and will pay MORE for it.

That's just me though.

I have heard the UFO slash cut and personally I don't think it has an exhaust NOTE. It has open headers note! NOT good IMO.

You should think about Marks Exhaust, great product, and I think it sounds almost exactly like the older ufo cans that I have, maybe smoother. I'm with Chris on the new ufo pipes, I'm not impressed with the sound at all.
I would go with anything but ufo though, I'm one of the "Cornell got me once and never again" guys.

We've put them all on at one time or another. The cobra's look cool but sound like crap in my opinion (unless you want it to sound like a harley). We even have one set on hand if you want some spares. They are also the absolute worst for performance.

As far as full headers, they all make similar HP so base your choice on looks, sound, and customer service. Actually, the dragstar is one of the loudest mufflers and also pretty small. The pic on his site makes it look a bit bigger then it really is. The kerker with comp baffle is pretty loud but a deeper tone. We like to take the standard kerker and adapt a high flow carbon fiber muffler to it.

I've even taken the holeshot system and put on some large cans that sound killer!

I know that the customer that put on the dragstar and our kit struggled to get it to make 120rwhp while nearly everyone else with my kit makes 125+ (some with higher mileage engines get in the 130's). It could have simply been his bike too.

Sean

I really like my Holeshot exhaust. They're pretty aggressive sounding but deep toned. They don't rip your head off on the interstate. Their customer service is A++ all the way. I ordered the system on a Monday and it was at my front door on Thursday. Dale was great on the phone.

Shane

i put a marks system on mine at the end of summer. i had mark do 12" cans for a little xtra sound its a real nice system and sounds just like a hopped up small block. mark is a great guy to deal with just a bit hard to get in touch with he dont answer emails just the phone. it takes a few weeks to get one of his systems due to he makes them to order but its well worth the wait and he will make them to your design.
Chris

Yeah, I also have a marks with 12" cans and its sounds awesome. Mark can make the exhaust for whatever type of setup you want, just give him a call. It took about 4 weeks for me to get them, but it was totally worth the wait.

I would consider walkers system, Very happy with the looks, sound and performance. He is a great guy to deal with also. I did go with his jet kit, great improvement over stock.

Chris

I ran 122bhp with this setup!

Most full systems with a jet kit should run into the mid 120's, AFAIK.

I like the quality of Walkers work, but I really don't care for the looks. Maybe with some custom cans and a lower angle on the final.

I really wanted to stay with a 4-2 setup, i just dont care for the looks of the 4-1 that much. The only reason I went with a marks over the walker is because I could get the header in black and get the cans shorter..,the longer cans just seem a little to crotch rocket for me...just my opinion though.

Most full systems with a jet kit should run into the mid 120's, AFAIK.

I like the quality of Walkers work, but I really don't care for the looks. Maybe with some custom cans and a lower angle on the final.

LOL You look at my cans?

IMO Dale makes the best fitting kit out there. I have seen them all and his just looks right. I agree that the flat back cans look weird... I fixed that though.

You're right that most SHOULD run mid 120's but they don't all seem to.

The two Cobra bikes I saw on a dyno ran 95BHP. DAMN!

You CAN get Walkers pipes and cans in black!

Chris, You might even pull some higher numbers after you finally get enough miles on it to break it in! After the rings seat in.

There is a set of Mark's 4 into 2 on ebay right now for a buy it now of $450 i THINK. bETTER SNAG EM UP CHEAP IF YOU WANT THAT KINDA THING. i AM A DYED IN THE WOOL 4-2-1 kERKER MAN MYSELF BUT LOSING THE CENTERSTAND SORTA BLOWS.

I got Marks pipes and went with a 12 1/2" can length. Basically I was shooting for a length that matched where the factory pipes ended as that seemed to be the most pleasing to my eye. I also like the beveled inlet and outlet ramps instead of just being flat. When I'm done with my current batch of mods I'll post some pics.

LOL You look at my cans?

IMO Dale makes the best fitting kit out there. I have seen them all and his just looks right. I agree that the flat back cans look weird... I fixed that though.

You're right that most SHOULD run mid 120's but they don't all seem to.

The two Cobra bikes I saw on a dyno ran 95BHP. DAMN!

You CAN get Walkers pipes and cans in black!

What is the difference between the holeshot stock cans and yours? Whad'ya do? I see you have a turndown tip.

What is the difference between the holeshot stock cans and yours? Whad'ya do? I see you have a turndown tip.

I put his Super Comp cans on it. Straight up bolt on. Just liked the look better. The internal baffle is different so it's a bit louder too. Really any 4" cans with a 2" inlet will bolt on.

Back