Feedback on Shinko 230 please.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noxx72

Reaction score
Alright so my front Metz 880 is already dust (the rear has thousands left on it, you think I maybe do some hard braking?).

Anyway, money is an issue ATM, so I am looking at just slapping on a Shinko230 in stock 110/90-18. A local joint has em for $80, free mount n balance (off bike of course), and that price sounds pretty good since I'm BROKE!

Anybody wearing this tire can tell me if it's crap or not?

not sure what version of the shinko yo are lookig at. some are soft and some have a harder center.
s
some of the guys on the busa board like the shinkos and some don't
my next set for the busa will be shinkos
if it was me i would give them a try
michael

Haven't had it on long enough to really say, but so far, so good. I think the most damage is to my ego, I've made a point of running "premium" branded tires for a lot of years.

I have just had a set of Shinko Tourmasters mounted up last week, and I've got to say they feel tons better than the stock Dunlops. Last year I put 7,000 miles on the bike and wore out 2 rear dunlops completly. I never even did a burnout on either one of them! (IMHO junk) I had a 92 FZR600r with shinko radials put on it because it was getting hard to find the stock sportmaxs for the rear and they performed good also. I never thought much of the cheaper tires but Shinko makes tires that take way less wieght to balance than the Dunlops that I've had mounted in the past.

I've done close to 7000 miles on my Shinkos T230 and whilst the front is still as good as new, the rear is now close to worn. I have about 1mm left to the limit mark. It's squared off quite a bit, but that's to be expected considering 90% of the miles were spent going straight!

No burnouts, but my right wrist does suffer from this weird twitch, so I think 7k's actually pretty good on such a soft grippy tire. I'll be ordering another T230 soon.

Just put on some new 230 had Qualifiers on it before. Was a little skeptical but have to say bike handles better withthe shinkos. Hope I get more life out of these than the Dunlops .:clapping:

Back