Rumor or Fact-Cobra Slip Ons

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auggie_1970

Reaction score
Hey guys trying to decide if I want to swap out the exhaust on my bike before the end of the year. Thinking of going with Holeshots. I bought my bike months ago which already had cobra pipes on it and it apprears to have a stage one jet kit with 170 mains on it (rich). I've read as many threads that I could find about these cobra pipes. I've seen it posted that several people say they lost HP and some say they didnt. I guess my question is how factual is it when I read that these cobra pipes lessen the HP and claim that it drops it to around 90HP. If this is really true, then going with another exhaust such as Dale's would generate around 115HP (if I remember correctly) would be a really big performance improvement.

Can anyone that has had their bike with the Cobra's on dyno'd or anyone that has experience with these slip ons chime in. Thanks for your help.

u want to go from slip ons to a whole system, right?

Last dyno test with Cobra's put out a whopping 96rwhp. The crappiest we've ever officially recorded (on a bike that at least is using all it's cylinders).

Sean

i like dale's system, altho i got it b/c of a good deal, marks is probably going to be cheaper and not a single bad review. that and morleys jet kit u'll be in business.

I pulled 122RWHP with Dales pipes.

I have Marks now and prefer the sound over Dales. I think the cross over makes all the difference in sound.

Chris

Dont waste your money on Cobras. Been there done that. I should have listened to the board :bang head::bang head::bang head:

Get a full system:clapping::clapping::punk::punk:

4-2-1 Kerker is one of the lighest and IMHO makes some of the best peak HP. But then again I might be biased

Hey Chris, how would you compare the sounds of Mark's to that of Dale's, sounds like they are both high quality from what I read. I've dealt with Dale in the past with my previous bike and he's great to deal with as far as helping you get the bike running right.

:clapping:Hey, have not seen anyone break 98 RWHP with Cobra pipes. Go with something else for sure. Good Luck, Spur

I don't think you can go wrong with a Kerker, Holeshot or a Mark's exhaust. You have to remove the centerstand with Kerker, Holeshots front headers follow the Vmax line very nicely, and with Marks you get that great built big block sound. They all perform well!

Anyone know of any good sound clips of Marks and Dales pipes. Dales website doesnt really have a good sound byte and I read someone on this forum that said the clips don't do the sound any justice.

Wow that sounds sweet, very nice indeed. On a scale of 1-10 , how loud are these pipes. Looking for this sweet sound but dont want something overly obnoxious...Do Dales come close to this sound as well? Damm, that was nice..I'm going to have to replay this a few more times..Thanks for the info

Wow that sounds sweet, very nice indeed. On a scale of 1-10 , how loud are these pipes. Looking for this sweet sound but dont want something overly obnoxious...Do Dales come close to this sound as well? Damm, that was nice..I'm going to have to replay this a few more times..Thanks for the info

IMO the Mark's pipes are not obnoxious at all, like Brian said they give a low grumbly built big block sound.

Yeah Dales pipes are tucked up tighter in the bike and sound good but Marks just have a better lope and rumble IMO. Dales scavenge from front to back same side and Marks do the same. The difference is that Marks has a cross over that seems to really help the sound.

For the money I would do Marks again in a second.

Can't beat Dale for service after the sale though.

Not yet! I hope that Susan and I can get to Topeka next year to do it on the same dyno. I imagine it'll be down on power. I think Dales are really great performing pipes. If it is, it'll only be a couple HP.

Chris

Latest posts

Back