A Taller Saddle, A much Taller Saddle,,,!@?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patineto

Supporting Member
Reaction score
30 years of riding on Rally/enduro type bikes and i find the posture far more comfortable and more than anything for the Bike handleling..

I have never see a Vmax with a 5inch taller sadlle and TEN Inches more forward..

anybody ever try, ...??

I'm going to make one Regardless but will be nice to share notes,,

FYI: at least one more gallon of gas is not a bad perk..

Ricky

To answer your question, no I haven't and if my imagination is anywhere near correct pleased that is the case because IMO it would look hideous.
As for moving your bum 10" forward then to answer your next question, no, I've never seen a padded faux tank.

The V Max isn't an Enduro and isn't designed to do what an Enduro does. Leave well alone and enjoy more relaxed riding.

To answer your question, no I haven't and if my imagination is anywhere near correct pleased that is the case because IMO it would look hideous.
As for moving your bum 10" forward then to answer your next question, no, I've never seen a padded faux tank.

The V Max isn't an Enduro and isn't designed to do what an Enduro does. Leave well alone and enjoy more relaxed riding.
DOhhhh Reactions and Complety Justified...

I was very involve in the HP2 development....
First with Niko Bekker in the netherlands, later with the Evil Empire
Personally i'm one of those that believe when you are n top of the bike you can not really see it, plus i have a warm spot for Fugly Mutants in my heart< will see what happen with a change on the weight vias, i just know I have three VMax Cruisers before and this time i want to taste of something new

Attachments

Here's a seat heavily modified and similar to the height you are asking for. Sitting 10" further forward would place you on top of the carbs and shift the COG way out of practicality. We do make extended swingarms if you are just wanting to get further away from the rear wheel?

If I have this seat around you can have it for the price of postage. I know the cover has been removed and the flip was riveted to the main seat to make it all one section.

Attachments

• IMG_20160315_160751341.jpg
    IMG_20160315_160751341.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 0
That seat looks extremely silly, IMO !
I would however like to sit a little taller as well?
I am 6'4" and do not fit real comfortably on this bike.

That seat looks extremely silly, IMO !
I would however like to sit a little taller as well?
I am 6'4" and do not fit real comfortably on this bike.
Forward controls are your friend.
I'm only 6'1". But my knees just don't like being bent for any period of time. Once I put forward controls on my Vmax, and a Morley seat, I finally have the comfort I desire. And she ain't fugly. ;)

Sean, have you ridden that bike and what difference did it make?
Felt like I was way up on top of the bike to me. Handling was simply OK due to the other mods but nowhere that a bike with the same mods normally feels. It was removed within hours of getting the bike off the truck (after i did the test ride).

Here's a seat heavily modified and similar to the height you are asking for. Sitting 10" further forward would place you on top of the carbs and shift the COG way out of practicality. We do make extended swingarms if you are just wanting to get further away from the rear wheel?

If I have this seat around you can have it for the price of postage. I know the cover has been removed and the flip was riveted to the main seat to make it all one section.
You know what, More than anything is pisses me offf to see 8 inches of soft foam with a sideskirt that looks like a Sofa, and that you only have a Gas tank for 4 freeway exists..

I wish i was

To the
30 years of riding on Rally/enduro type bikes and i find the posture far more comfortable and more than anything for the Bike handleling..

I have never see a Vmax with a 5inch taller sadlle and TEN Inches more forward..

anybody ever try, ...??

I'm going to make one Regardless but will be nice to share notes,,

FYI: at least one more gallon of gas is not a bad perk..

Ricky
I know what you mean. My last 4 bikes where BMW R1200GS's which fit me very well with 20 mm risers and a Sargent seat, I am 6'2".

I thought I was done riding and always wanted a Vmax and wanted something to tinker with over the winter. So, I recently bought a 1989 Vmax. It came with both a Corbin seat and the OEM seat. I haven't driven the bike yet (non-running project) but set on both seats while on the center stand. The Corbin seat is a little taller than the OEM seat (which looks better). Yes, knees are bent more than I am used to it, I bought a set of adjustable pegs.......I'll see how that works out. The thing I really dislike is the OEM handlebar, IMO it is to narrow which makes the bike feel heavier than it is. I bought one that is about 3".

I think once I have the pegs and handlebar installed, the ergonomics will be much better for a taller person. No, I am not trying to make a dual-sport out of a Vmax, just want to be a little more comfortable. I may. in the future buy a set of rear set driver pegs, I had Harleys with FWD controls and never liked them.

To the

I know what you mean. My last 4 bikes where BMW R1200GS's which fit me very well with 20 mm risers and a Sargent seat, I am 6'2".

I thought I was done riding and always wanted a Vmax and wanted something to tinker with over the winter. So, I recently bought a 1989 Vmax. It came with both a Corbin seat and the OEM seat. I haven't driven the bike yet (non-running project) but set on both seats while on the center stand. The Corbin seat is a little taller than the OEM seat (which looks better). Yes, knees are bent more than I am used to it, I bought a set of adjustable pegs.......I'll see how that works out. The thing I really dislike is the OEM handlebar, IMO it is to narrow which makes the bike feel heavier than it is. I bought one that is about 3".

I think once I have the pegs and handlebar installed, the ergonomics will be much better for a taller person. No, I am not trying to make a dual-sport out of a Vmax, just want to be a little more comfortable. I may. in the future buy a set of rear set driver pegs, I had Harleys with FWD controls and never liked them.
I made "Ricky bars" for GS for years, a little more than a 1000 sold, it was a whole ergononomic analisis but a horrible business on my end..
in reality i was gattering population datato create a program that output the same levels of satisfaction (95-98Percentail) and then be able to sell the bars with out human impute but it was to much presure..
But Yes Fit is everything, silly things like Wrist angle, Upsweep, back sweep, nobody use those nomenclatures two decades ago...
So same here, I know ow "I feel at HOME" so i try to replicate that posture as much as posible {Even if my 1600miles ride days are long gone, i still like to feel in control..

I am 6ft tall and the seating position is too cramped.
I was thinking of getting longer rear shocks to raise the seat height and/or modifying the seat.
Where the hump is is where i want to sit surely there are tall v max riders?

I am 6ft tall. 34" inseam. Never felt cramped on either the Gen 1 or Gen 2 and I put miles on em. Havent done any mods to seats, suspension or handlebars. Only "comfort" feature I have is the Break-away throttle locks on em. I dont even like driving my truck without some sort of cruise control. Thats my only guilty pleasure though.

I was thinking of getting longer rear shocks to raise the seat height......
.....surely there are tall v max riders?
Longer rear shocks will raise the rear end of the bike but won't alter the distance between the seat and foot pegs.
I'm 6'1" with not very bendy knees and whist I can't do long distances without the knees aching for most of the time it's OK.
I have had the seat modified with a flatter profile which lets me sit a little further back.

I am 6ft tall and the seating position is too cramped.
I was thinking of getting longer rear shocks to raise the seat height and/or modifying the seat.
Where the hump is is where i want to sit surely there are tall v max riders?
You know you can buy a different sets of foot controls an seat modifications. Raising the rear will just make the bike handle worse than stock without a lot of other modifications. Is it the angle comfort your setting or leg an arm movement. I went with forward controls an a 2" riser with angled drag bars.

Attachments

• received_621210069874139.jpeg
    received_621210069874139.jpeg
    614 KB · Views: 0
  • PTDC0011.JPG
    PTDC0011.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Back