Air shifter install

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srk468

Reaction score
Hi guys, just thought I'd post some pics of the finished air shifter install I did to my 94, big thanks go to Sean for hooking me up on the kit and all the advice! I redid alot of the wiring too, I just didn't feel right hooking a solinoid up off my factory harness so I wired in a relay to handle the load, snaked everything around real good so with the seat on all you can see is the air ram. Only part I had to farm out for was to get the bracket welded to the factory shift lever because I don't have a tig so I can't weld aluminum. I trimmed up underneath the passenger seat and mounted the compressor thereand plumbed in a valve so I could shut the air off to the cheesy little 12 volt compressor so it doesn't have 120psi on the piston at all times, I also drilled out a place to mount a small switch for the compressor so all I have to do is flip up my seat like I need to put gas in the bike and I can access everything from there, I'm going to wire in a cigerette lighter sockt to the top of the passenger seat too so I can backfeed charge the battery and have a place to charge my cell phone. Tell me what you think guys.....:biglaugh:

Attachments

• IMAG0014.jpg
    IMAG0014.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 85
  • IMAG0015.jpg
    IMAG0015.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 91
  • IMAG0016.jpg
    IMAG0016.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 85
  • IMAG0017.jpg
    IMAG0017.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 89
  • IMAG0018.jpg
    IMAG0018.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 85
  • IMAG0019.jpg
    IMAG0019.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 86
  • IMAG0020.jpg
    IMAG0020.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 79
  • IMAG0021.jpg
    IMAG0021.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 79
  • IMAG0022.jpg
    IMAG0022.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 79
  • IMAG0023.jpg
    IMAG0023.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 77
  • IMAG0024.jpg
    IMAG0024.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 75
  • IMAG0025.jpg
    IMAG0025.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 77
  • IMAG0026.jpg
    IMAG0026.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 78
Hi guys, just thought I'd post some pics of the finished air shifter install I did to my 94, big thanks go to Sean for hooking me up on the kit and all the advice! I redid alot of the wiring too, I just didn't feel right hooking a solinoid up off my factory harness so I wired in a relay to handle the load, snaked everything around real good so with the seat on all you can see is the air ram. Only part I had to farm out for was to get the bracket welded to the factory shift lever because I don't have a tig so I can't weld aluminum. I trimmed up underneath the passenger seat and mounted the compressor thereand plumbed in a valve so I could shut the air off to the cheesy little 12 volt compressor so it doesn't have 120psi on the piston at all times, I also drilled out a place to mount a small switch for the compressor so all I have to do is flip up my seat like I need to put gas in the bike and I can access everything from there, I'm going to wire in a cigerette lighter sockt to the top of the passenger seat too so I can backfeed charge the battery and have a place to charge my cell phone. Tell me what you think guys.....:biglaugh:

bloody hell that must have took alot of work squeezing all of that in it took me ages to just find room for a little alarm box lol

looks great tho the pistons give it a slightly evil robot type look :clapping:

wonders never cease. it simply amazes me how many things can be done! congrats and well done.

Thanks guys, it did take a bit of time and it was definitely like trying to squeeze 2lbs of shit into a 1lb bag!! LOL

Cool. Bootle placement is not my cup of tea but nicley done overall. :punk:

Didn't have any other place to put it :bang head: When I do my swingarm over the winter I'm going to make sure it's airtight and use that for the tank but this get's me going for now and doesn't look too terrible.

Didn't have any other place to put it :bang head: When I do my swingarm over the winter I'm going to make sure it's airtight and use that for the tank but this get's me going for now and doesn't look too terrible.

Maybe try something new like Buell inspiration.
How about to use a right side of swingarm as a bottle?! :eusa_dance:

Should be interesting ey?

Maybe try something new like Buell inspiration.
How about to use a right side of swingarm as a bottle?! :eusa_dance:

Should be interesting ey?

That's exactly what I'm planning on doing once the riding season is over, I'm going to extend the swingarm 3" and make sure the right side and hopefully the brace is airtight and use that as my air tank. Going to try to make a nitrous bottle bracket into the swingarm too so I can stash it underneath where its not out in the open, gotta be creative with these bikes cause there is no room for anything!

Back