Back to the track for 09

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lankeeyankee

Reaction score
Well I havent finished my complete setup for the 09 season with the use of the crossover delay box and linear accuator. I was only using the crossover delay to see if it was accurate. cables didnt come in till today for the throttle control.
The weather was nice here Friday in the 70's by the afternoon. I scramble all day long to get the bike ready. Changed the earl.. double checked all the hardware.. poured some seafoam in the tank from the crappy gas over the winter and took it out for a top speed run to make sure the skinnier front tire 100/90/18 didnt act wierd on the top end. She did get a little squirelly around 145 when letting out of the gas but I figured I would only see 100 in the 1/8 mile.. No biggy she always gets squirelly on the top end..
The rear tire Shinko Tourmaster was about 85% worn and I didnt want to install the new one till everything was good.... So...
The VMAX was about the same last year as performance goes.. MPH is still down 4-5 mph in the 1/8 which is about 15-20HP I dont know why. its smooth doesnt smoke just doesnt pull hard... overall the track was so so nothing great but not a bananna peel either. 60fts stayed in the low 1.60's if I tried any harder it would break loose.. 6500 RPM clutch sliding launches..
Best pass of the first day out of the 09 season...

RT = .024
60FT = 1.6191
330FT = 4.5969
1/8 ET= 7.1412
1/8 MPH= 96.34 <<< Sucks should be 101 this time of the year..

Any ideas why the MPH is 4-5 mph lower?? She runs smooth all through the RPM till shift point of 9200:ummm:

maybe it's getting ready to tell you to start looking for engine #5. In all seriousness. They do tend to start slowing down as they get ready to spin a bearing. Drain a bit of the oil and check for gold.

Sean

OIl pressure isnt showing signs yet of a bearing getting ready to take a shit.. I have 10psi for every 1K RPMS and I top out at 60 PSI.. Idle at 190 and running for awhile its about 8 psi which is good.. I dont know what it is.. I really need to do a leak down.
When I bought the engine it avg about 155-160 psi on compression.. but it was still able to pull my lankee ass 6.90's at 101 and pulled hard out of the hole..
Just doesnt have the grunt out of the hole when the track is there, I can get the throttle and clutch combo hard but the engine just lags.. 1.60's hell when it was strong I would 60ft 1.54's and I could feel it..
Possible Valves to tight not seating building the compression maybe?
Its not the jetting I havent changed the main jet from the days of 101 MPH so thats out.. Its not vacuum leaks cause its smooth running all through the RPMS.. I dont know but I do know if I hear that noise of )))KNOCK...KNOCK(((( its going to the nearest dumpster I had it with this POS VMAX

Are you fatter than last year?:ummm:

Are you fatter than last year?:ummm:

maybe 5-10 lbs+ jumped on the scales Friday morning and weighed in 221 about the same last year...

about 35lbs is a .10 on a VMAX roughly in the 225 rider area.
example
rider weight
225 6.90s
190 6.80's
260 7.0's
155 6.70's

couple of ideas for your low mph... #1 Your track is prepped really well due to the fact that it's one of the first runs of the year so you're not getting enough wheel spin to give you that little boost. #2 The relative humidity is probably way up due to the fact that it's spring and adding that to the warm temperatures can make your Density altitude rise quite a bit. I generally run 1mph and .8 seconds slower for ever 1,000 ft of altitude. #3 You're a pansy ass and need to come pick my 14 up and ride it while i'm on deployment :p

couple of ideas for your low mph... #1 Your track is prepped really well due to the fact that it's one of the first runs of the year so you're not getting enough wheel spin to give you that little boost. #2 The relative humidity is probably way up due to the fact that it's spring and adding that to the warm temperatures can make your Density altitude rise quite a bit. I generally run 1mph and .8 seconds slower for ever 1,000 ft of altitude. #3 You're a pansy ass and need to come pick my 14 up and ride it while i'm on deployment :p

I will take #3 since this is the fast time of the year at the track in TN.. the humditity is low this time of year... track is prepped ok on friday nights nothing like Saturday they are cheap on Fridays plus you have the dumb ass street cars pulling water up to the line...

Hell I would love to ream that 14 out on the 1/8 mile man I miss the strong pull of a motorcycle with balls.. I know I couldnt ride that bike all it had.. But I sure would giv it all I had.

I will take #3 since this is the fast time of the year at the track in TN.. the humditity is low this time of year... track is prepped ok on friday nights nothing like Saturday they are cheap on Fridays plus you have the dumb ass street cars pulling water up to the line...
Or it could be that my VMAX is a piece of shit and cant handle my daily stress test..
Hell I would love to ream that 14 out on the 1/8 mile man I miss the strong pull of a motorcycle with balls.. I know I couldnt ride that bike all it had.. But I sure would giv it all I had.

It wont even smoke the tire shifting into 2nd with me up on the tank

Come pick it up and re-deliver it in the same shape and you've got a deal lol. I rode like shit last weekend after putting my new pipe on it (the fucking thing is a wheelie monster now at stock wheelbase and -1T on the front) and still went 6.37 @116.6 on a shitty 1.62 60ft and a terrible 4.3 330ft because i was having trouble getting to WOT in a timely manner in 1st without standing it straight up.

A gearing change is in short order. I'll stretch it while i'm on deployment.

I'll tell you what... you only have to re-deliver it to NE Texas when you're done with it :p

I'll tell you what... you only have to re-deliver it to NE Texas when you're done with it :p

Now that I couldnt promise most likely after 1 or 2 passes I would go and drive my VMAX off the road... ohh wait I already done that, I would set it on fire and toast marshmellows..... first I would take the nitrous kit off and put it on the ZX well wait I would remove the Kawi stickers and get some Suzuki stickers and swear to everyone it was a GSXR.

I will be in the Dallas area April 17th,18th, and 19th.

sounds like you need to re-route your dallas trip to san diego to me lol.

Hey, way to go Lankee!! Very clever of you to stand right in front of the NO2 bottle!!

Ya never know when some schmuck might try to challenge you, no sense in showing all your cards....right!!:biglaugh:

Back