Brakes skipping/noise help

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnCandyass

Reaction score
Hey there. I just replaced my front brakes with all new EBC stuff, rebuilt calipers, lines, and for a few hundred miles it's been fine.

Now when coming to a stop I got a little skipping and squeaking. Took it all apart and don't notice anything off, pistons are moving freely and it's not dragging when released. Noise is when I'm pulling the lever just not all the way.

Any input would help on what I should try next . Will post a video soon.

Might have better luck in the gen1 forum. I'd spray everything down liberally with brake cleaner...pads, rotors, calipers, anywhere fluid or grease could find it's way into.

Might have better luck in the gen1 forum. I'd spray everything down liberally with brake cleaner...pads, rotors, calipers, anywhere fluid or grease could find it's way into.
Whoops didn't realize I was in gen 2, damn trying to do this from a phone. I'll repost when I'm on a computer.

Can we assume you get the same noise going forward (sorry, I had to ask...)
My best guess is that the discs and/ or pads have glazed up.

This can be caused if you ride your brakes a lot or only ever brake gently. Alternatively they were given a good thrashing before being given a chance to bed themselves in.
Try lightly dressing pads and discs with some wet and dry to remove any glaze and see if that makes a difference.
Also put a chamfer on the leading edge of the pads.

Have a read of this which describes how to run in your brakes.

Back