Carb Sync

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tilyn62

Reaction score
I have an 85 VMax, seemes to run and idle well. Just got the bike recently so thought I would check carb sync with my DigiSync. Carbs 1 and 2 on left are 63 and 62, right 3 and 4 are 53 and 52. Adjusting per the service manual doesn't seem to bring RH close to reference carb. This is at 1000rpm. Any ideas?

VMax engine cyl numbers 1-4.png
This helps when troubleshooting. The way to remember the order of cylinders is to start with #1, and draw/print a capital letter 'N.'

Honestly, if it seems to run OK and it doesn't 'hang-up' at a higher RPM when you blip the throttle, consider just riding it as-is, set as best as you can get it.

What kind of shape is it in? How-stock is it (carb jetting, airbox, exhaust, ignition)? Have you taken a look yet, inside the carburetors? Compare the brass in-there to these specs:

VMax carburetor USA and CALIF..png
http://vmoa.net/VMX12-Service-Manual01.pdf

Last edited:
Don't set them to a specific number. use the adjustment screws to set them to each other.
Left adjusts left pair, Right Reat adjusts the right pair, right forward adjust the left to right pairs.

Back