Choosing my first

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found the leak coming from the carbs, seems like 2 and 4 are leaking from the float gaskets.

Attachments

• 1000002447.jpg
    1000002447.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
I think that bike can serve the needs of a mature, responsible rider, and provide him with plenty of performance in acceleration and handling/braking. I wouldn't recommend any neophyte rider to carry a passenger. You have to be able to control a bike in all conditions by yourself before carrying a passenger. Nighttime, wet roads, dealing with gravel, leaves, tar snakes, fog or forest fire smoke or any impediment to seeing where you're going, and available traction, are essential knowledge, skills, and abilities a new rider needs to be able to handle on his own before he thinks of carrying a passenger.

The Fazer has sufficient power that carrying a passenger and grabbing a handful of throttle especially at slower speeds, and in the upper rev range will result in a sudden wheelie. Caught unaware, the rider could lose control as he loses his balance and falls off to the back. Having that happen with a passenger could have tragic results.

Let's hope our new rider can get through the steep learning curve and emerge as a rider aware of his limitations, the bike's performance, and what hazards other people with whom he shares the road can pose to even experienced riders because of texting, impaired drivers, reckless behavior and all other threats to a rider's safety, before he carries a passenger.

I wonder if he's signed-up for the MSF class yet?

In a month or 2 you probably gonna wish you bought Vmax. Your going to outgrow it quick.
Probably, but for now it'll do.
I think that bike can serve the needs of a mature, responsible rider, and provide him with plenty of performance in acceleration and handling/braking. I wouldn't recommend any neophyte rider to carry a passenger. You have to be able to control a bike in all conditions by yourself before carrying a passenger. Nighttime, wet roads, dealing with gravel, leaves, tar snakes, fog or forest fire smoke or any impediment to seeing where you're going, and available traction, are essential knowledge, skills, and abilities a new rider needs to be able to handle on his own before he thinks of carrying a passenger.

The Fazer has sufficient power that carrying a passenger and grabbing a handful of throttle especially at slower speeds, and in the upper rev range will result in a sudden wheelie. Caught unaware, the rider could lose control as he loses his balance and falls off to the back. Having that happen with a passenger could have tragic results.

Let's hope our new rider can get through the steep learning curve and emerge as a rider aware of his limitations, the bike's performance, and what hazards other people with whom he shares the road can pose to even experienced riders because of texting, impaired drivers, reckless behavior and all other threats to a rider's safety, before he carries a passenger.

I wonder if he's signed-up for the MSF class yet?
I have, I start next week. Right now I'm looking for safety gear and the parts I need to get this thing running properly. After that, I'm going to ride locally and religiously practice my low speed maneuvering in an empty parking lot that's about a mile away from where I live. The driveway is loose gravel and has a steep incline before it hits the main road, so that's a bonus. I also need to hit the gym lmao, my lower strength isn't what it used to be. I want to be able to maneuver and operate this bike to the T before I move onto something more powerful.

Back