Coolant "Drain Cock" o-rings

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Semi239

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a slow annoying leak from from the "drain cock" I can see in the schematic there are several o-rings and maybe a valve in there?
Babbits shows it all as one unit for purchase. Do you know of what size o-ring these are so I can replace or where to purchase?
Or maybe its something other than the orings? I've checked all hoses for cracks/loose clamps.

1697594574838.png

https://www.babbittsonline.com/oemparts/a/yam/500456a3f8700209bc793136/radiator-hose

There's one o-ring in there and can be had by itself. Part number 93210-14579-00. The other parts are the valve, a spring, and ball bearing.

Mark

What a helpful thread! I just took my drain apart today and didn't notice there was a ball bearing in there (as a detent, I assume). After reading all the replies I went back in the garage and found the ball bearing under the bike......got lucky! Using the part number mentioned, I found the original O-ring on Amazon for $6.00, was the last one and I'll get it Thursday.

Thanks!

I also got one from a local store but haven't tried it, it fits kind of loose in the groove. Measuring the old one........it's been in there since 1989, is flattened out and looks more like a Quad-ring that Caterpillar uses.

I took a closer look at the drain valve and the associated manifold.
The manifold enters the engine block at the right and has a small hose attached on the left, in the middle of the manifold is the connection for the small hose, coming from the radiator, that connection is on a different plane (moved forward) then the pipe that connects the right/left block opening. No matter of the valve position, the left/right passage has free flow. Depending on the valve position the connection leading to the radiator is blocked off (oddly, the writing of the drain valve would be upside down (see attached photo) when blocking that passage. With that said, I have a question.

1. What is the position for normal engine operation if it even matter?

The way it looks to me. if left in the open position it would slow engine warm up because the closed thermostat is bypassed. Maybe I am just overthinking the whole setup.

Attachments

• Radiator Drain.jpg
    Radiator Drain.jpg
    328.9 KB · Views: 0
Back