Elec.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C Dean

Reaction score
Keep burning up R/R CDI box burnt lights fuel pump???

Battery polarity is correct?
of course here's what happened I burned a rectifier up put a new one on rode it when the fuel pump up then I burn another rectifier up then another fuel pump then come to find out half my CDI box is burned up so it was only running on three cylinders bought a new CDI box from DB Electric and ran stronger than it ever had then it stopped running couldn't figure it out hope my old CDI box up which still only made it run off three cylinders but it fired right up but it burnt the fuel pump out but all my lights out and clearly burnt that other CDI box up so I'm not sure I mean is it the rectifier regulator I'm not I'm not understanding cuz I've done almost everything

As MaxMidnight says, "what is your volt-ohm meter telling you?" Take some readings on both sides of your multimeter from the AC Generator three wires and then on the other side of the regulator/rectifier, going to the battery, one red wire going to the battery +.

Each of the three wires from the AC Generator (also referred to as the 'AC magneto,' see next sentence and first page shown here; should be AC: 50-70 volts

The red wire from the R/R to the battery + should be about 14 volts (see 'Maintenance specs' AC magneto, below, chart 3. In the service manual text, another value is given 14.5 volts + or - 0.5 volts; see chapter 7 page 20.

VMax Stator ohms reading.png

VMax electrical ignition box.png

Chart 3 (below)
1686512999332.png
Chapter 7, page 20:
1686513520411.png
Stator wires resistance test (below)
1686514036413.png

https://dn790009.ca.archive.org/0/i...ice-manual/yamahavmaxvmx12-service-manual.pdf

Latest posts

Back