Exactrep peg lowering kit

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dafish2

Reaction score
seems like 1/3 the price of the Corbin with little to no discernable difference. Any insight anybody can share either way?

thanks!

Considering the price difference, I'd go with the Exactrep personally.
I received mine from Exactrep last week for the passenger, my girlfriend. We went for a short ride Saturday and she really likes it. As for the operator, I put them on within a month of me buying the bike in 2014 and love them.

So, yea... I purchased these and Jim's highway pegs at the same time. The highway pegs are flawless. Done.

The Exactreps? Well.....

First, they are what exactly what they claim: Bolt on w/1 inch drop. However, with some /mods/tweaking you can reverse orient them and get 3/4 down and almost 1/2" forward. Let me save you the effort: 1" down is more comfortable. Comments:

1) They come w/no instructions. Just look at their website pic and you can tell which orientation they designed it to fit. You can also tell where they think which bolts (factory vs supplied) go where.
2) Go buy an 8-25mm stainless Allen head bolt first. The gear shift side's top back stock bolt won't fit as they've depicted it, but a standard Allen head will. Buy two if you want them to match on top. No, you can use their supplied on top. If reversed you end up with not enough threads on top, too long on the bottom.
3) Why they elected to design and machine these w/no forward spacing is beyond me. They could easily include 1/4" forward , probably 3/16", as well as the 1" drop. I see that as a pure design shortcoming.

Is one bolt and the loss of moving the peg forward worth the difference? Probably not, but I think we can say they are not "equal" designs.

Back