• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Motorycle For Sale Front tire change fell off center stand

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tddaniel11

Reaction score
Tips on lifting back on center stand please this hasn't ever happened in 6-7 changes of front tire

Attachments

• IMG_20230905_200719963.jpg
    IMG_20230905_200719963.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
I don't think I would focus on getting it on the centerstand as the first step.

I would look for place(s) to apply scissor jacks(s), and have a friend stabilize the bike while you jack it up enough to get the front tire back on.

No I haven't had a bike fall-off the center stand. I have lifted the bike using 2x4 cribbing and a small hydraulic jack under the engine, and between the front headers to change the front tire, or to do something on the front end. I've also used the case-savers at the front of the engine and small jackstands in-contact with the case-savers to support the bike while working on the front end. I have a Handy-Lift.

I put my bike on the centre stand then put a car scissor jack underneath the front of the engine with a piece of wood between the jack and engine to protect it. Be careful not to trap the oil sensor wire . You only have to raise it about 2 inches to get the front wheel out. Done it many times with no problems. Just take your time and go slow. The rear suspension has to compress slightly to take up the raised front.

While not a Vmax, when I converted the front forks on my Virago to the Seca front end, I used the center stand and then a small jack under the engine case to stable. Even with the complete removal of the steering, I didnt have any issues with dropping the bike. For the Gen2 Max, there is no center stand, so I use my motorcycle jack and then boards under the opposite tire so I can change tires. I am getting due for a front tire again, so when I do that job, I will show I set that up.

Seca Conversion 3.JPG

Back