General maintenance

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chug4life

Reaction score
Opened the airbox for a look inside and found some oil in the airbox but apparently that's normal lol. Cleaned out the oil and sprayed some intake cleaner around the box and down the carb stacks and used an electric toothbrush to clean them up. Noticed an immediate difference in idle and start up so I'm going to use proper carb cleaner with the long "straw" and do a little more cleaning.

Attachments

• 20230702_204901.jpg
    20230702_204901.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
There's a psychological phenomenon where being under observation makes subjects perform 'better' (the Hawthorne Effect). Whether or not your bike is aware of that, the 'laying-on of hands' seems to have benefitted your motorcycle's operation. Break-out that red wand and spritz to your heart's delight. After all you're the one who's going to benefit.

Opened the airbox for a look inside and found some oil in the airbox but apparently that's normal lol. Cleaned out the oil and sprayed some intake cleaner around the box and down the carb stacks and used an electric toothbrush to clean them up. Noticed an immediate difference in idle and start up so I'm going to use proper carb cleaner with the long "straw" and do a little more cleaning.
Mine likes a Waterpik with Van Morrison in the phones.

There's a psychological phenomenon where being under observation makes subjects perform 'better' (the Hawthorne Effect). Whether or not your bike is aware of that, the 'laying-on of hands' seems to have benefitted your motorcycle's operation. Break-out that red wand and spritz to your heart's delight. After all you're the one who's going to benefit.
A gen 1 Vmax is surely approaching self awareness?

Back