I did it!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vman23

Reaction score
I DID IT! After a little more than a month and half of getting my brothers bike road worthy(fluids, tire, oil, lights) and going to you local DMV near you (4x’s). It’s registered, legal and mine.

4x’s at DMV bc:

1) 12/1 inspection at Wethersfield bc of salvage title. Only passed the bike part. A lot of the paperwork I didn’t have.

2) 12/15 back to Wethersfield bc I didn’t have insurance papers bc of his accident. Couldn’t register it bc he owed taxes. Got home paid the taxes. Takes 10 days for it to be realeased. UGH!

3) 12/22 back at DMV hoping that the release as happened. NOPE! UGH. Me being inpatient.

4) 12/29 back at DMV. Hoping, fingers crossed. Hand the happy smiling counter man all my papers. He looks and says to me “wow you must really want this bike bc of a salvage title.” Me in my head with out moving my lips “FUK YES!!” Almost didn’t get it bc the inspection paper. The VIN# was written a little illegible bc of the inspector. The smiling, happy, jolly counter man again gave me a pass bc it was written again at the bottom. Other wise he was gonna send me home. My heart was racing. Almost there. Finish line is insight. No checkered flag yet. He must have looked at the paperwork for a good 10 minutes. UGH! Dude you’re killing me.

So this was a learning curve about salvage vehicles, inspection and the happy smiling customer service that you get. 😂 but a lot of yes Sir and yes Ma’am only goes so much. But it did help.

But it passed. Now I just need to ride it and see if I want it or not. A lot of you will think. “Go through all that and you might not even keep it!” But it’s sentimental to me. My brother passed back in February. He was the one that taught me to right and many other things. He didn’t want me to have it. I guess these bikes are a little crazy. IDK. But he did ride like a asshat. So we will see.

So I am on emotional high right now.

Attachments

• IMG_0825.jpeg
    IMG_0825.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Back