Im really excited

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Those were the words my 13 year old son whispered to my wife today. I rarely see him excited about anything. In all reality, he didnt seem excited. He hid it well.

Ive been waiting for a good deal to pop up on CL. And today was the day

I picked up an '09 KLX140 after work. Its in good running condition but needs a little maintenance. Nothing major. It starts, stops, and goes just fine. Some new tires, chain, and sprockets will be due by end of summer.

I walked in the house and asked him to come outside to help me. I opened the gate into the driveway and had the truck parked right there. I looked at him and said i needed a hand unloading his new dirt bike. His face lit up and he said OK with enthusiasm. He spent the rest of the evening turfing up the yard.

We recently spent some time in the garage reviving a chinese pitbike. My brother in law brought it home from England. He was stationed there a few years in the USAF. The bike didnt run for quite awhile. We drained and cleaned the gas tank, changed engine oil, cleaned the carb, verified spark, and got it running. It was a nice project for us and he seemed to really enjoy it so i figured its time to step up to something a bit bigger.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Congrats, its always nice to see kids get involved in a good hobby like this. Let us know how it turns out.

That's how it starts for so many bikers. That first dirt bike. I'm sure he'll have a blast on it, and it will be a great reason for more father/son time while working on it. Now you just gotta get you a dirt bike so you can show the kid the "old man" can get wild! :D

That's how it starts for so many bikers. That first dirt bike. I'm sure he'll have a blast on it, and it will be a great reason for more father/son time while working on it. Now you just gotta get you a dirt bike so you can show the kid the "old man" can get wild! :D

I sold my bike to get a quad. He's seen me on my old CR5 plenty. I'm ready to slow down and watch him ride and be the support staff. Plus, I got tired of kick starting that thing. I sold it to a friend that rides with us so, I can still scratch the itch if I want to.

We plan to go on camping/riding trip over memorial day weekend with the whole extended family. Should be about 20 of us in total. He said he's looking forward to it. I'm hoping to have some time to re-gear the bike and do some maintenance before we head out. I'd like to go thru all that with and see if it would hold his attention long enough to put his phone down.

Back