Let' see some junkyard members

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
Not VMaxes, though I can think of one which might be included.

Random pics of junkyard bikes.

1689457554238.png
A Honda 400/4 with one of the sexiest OEM exhausts ever. Looks like a front-end hit, and case damage to the left side. Heck, looks almost usable! I am interested in seeing what the mileage is when they met the end of the road.

1689457826733.png

A second Honda 400/4, just missing the plastic milk crate on the aftermarket luggage rack. This one looks like a better candidate for resuscitation. Next to it, appears to be a Honda 500/4 or 550/4, and I believe a resemblance to an aluminum aftermarket luggage rack in anodized aluminum I have sitting in storage, which uses a clever key design to lock in-place, or be easily-removed in less than a minute. It had wood inserts in the platform U-shaped extruded pieces. This rack looks to be steel.

Next I think a 1975 Kawasaki F11 250cc two-stroke. The F9 was green, that particular bright Kawasaki green they favored. After that it looks like a SL350 Honda dual-sport parallel/vertical twin, a very popular design for Honda, a better dirtbike than the CL350 was. I think it has the WEBCO design front end fork brace, which was necessary for putting your bike onto a trail back then, without one you were Not A Serious Biker.

Not sure about the next bike, maybe a slightly-newer than the previous bikes, a 550cc Honda Nighthawk inline-4. That's what I think from what appears to be the camshaft cover. See how the two closest exhausts angle-in towards each other?

1689458831368.png

A smaller Seca 4 cyl. which I believe has had an accident in its past, as the f & f wheels don't match. No front fender either. Many Yamahas of this style had dual front discs, but apparently the 'economy re-build' after this one's accident didn't have enough of a budget to replace the other front disc brake-caliper/rotor. Guessing it's a circa '83 650.

1689459299085.png

A hard-hit on a VMax. Vultures seen in the yard. I think this is a 1994 because of the yellow bodywork found with this bird's ribcage, shown.

1689460371384.png

A Z-2 750cc Kawi inline-4, a rare bird in the USA, as it was never sold here. The usual path for something like this was servicemen returning home to the USA from Asia. Or in this case, Panama (another bike).

1689461268636.jpeg
1689461540337.jpeg

The boulevardier Honda 305cc Dream.

1689461759087.jpeg
Note the fully-enclosed chain, promoting lengthened chain/sprockets life. Bultaco used a similar design on their ISDT bikes, and Yamaha's XV920cc V-twin sold in Europe, and a few here, also had an enclosed chain design. One of my acquaintances here in FL bought one new, while working at a Yamaha dealer. He put > 100K miles on it, and rode in any weather you'd find in So. FL.

1689461862138.jpeg

Fairly complete, it just needs someone to love it, and to use a lot of elbow grease.

What pics do you have of bike junkyards and the like?

Last edited:
Back