Master cylinder rebuild kits

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KennyR

Reaction score
Finally got the 89 out for my first test ride! Clutch pull isn't bad,disengages about half way to the grip but the clutch m/c leaks just enough to be noticeable so it needs to be rebuilt. Now the question is OEM or aftermarket,and what is available?

Thanks,Kenny

Hit-up M&M Cycle and get it from them, that should be an easy purchase. The aftermarket kits are OK if you get it from a known name-brand supplier.

One example of a listing online for purposes of comparison.

K&L Brake Master Cylinder Rebuild Kit​

Item: 345350
$44.33
https://www.partsgiant.com/p345350-k-and-l-brake-master-cylinder-rebuild-kit

I like K&L stuff, they have a lot of pieces you can use, like carb kits, brake caliper rebuild kits & etc. They are often sourced from the same Japanese companies used by the motorcycle manufacturer.

Hit-up M&M Cycle and get it from them, that should be an easy purchase. The aftermarket kits are OK if you get it from a known name-brand supplier.

One example of a listing online for purposes of comparison.

K&L Brake Master Cylinder Rebuild Kit​

Item: 345350
$44.33
https://www.partsgiant.com/p345350-k-and-l-brake-master-cylinder-rebuild-kit

I like K&L stuff, they have a lot of pieces you can use, like carb kits, brake caliper rebuild kits & etc. They are often sourced from the same Japanese companies used by the motorcycle manufacturer.
There have been big changes in Kazoo motorcycle dealers.M&M sold out several years ago, Perry HD closed back in December. It's easier and cheaper to shop online. Never Ebay!!! Seldom Amazon.
K&L does indeed make good parts, I'll see what I can find.
Kenny
K

Did you ever shop at George Danke Yamaha in Battle Creek? I almost bought a RT-2 360 two-stroke Enduro from them back in the early '70's. I ended up buying it from M&M in Kalamazoo instead, I still have it.

George Danke had a great collection of vintage Japanese and British bikes in his personal collection, but when he died there was a lot of controversy over the disposition of the bikes. He had a lot of competition bikes from back then. 'There's nothing more-useless than last season's racebike' is nothing George Danke believed in, he just added 'em to his collection.

I don't hesitate to find something I need from Amazon. Sometimes it comes the same day. Prices are good, and you usually have choices. I've bought many K&L parts from them.

Latest posts

Back