One scary ride-supercharged Mopar-Chevy van

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
This has to be one of the most-terrifying rides there is. If it still has the 1964 Chevy van drum brakes, watch-out! It should be named 'Audaciousness.'

Chevy van 1964-supercharged Mopar engine.jpg

This one, I don't think there's too-much to-say, except to gape at it in open-mouthed amazement. "They wouldn't give me a license plate!"

Why did the dyno guys turn him down?

Tank-Rod-Major-Payne-supercharged tracked vehicle.jpg

Just for comparison, the next vehicle is >100 years old! It's a famous actual race car, build and designed by one of the most famous, most-popular, and most-successful racers of the time, Barney Oldfield, with help from Harry Miller.

Miller was supposed to have studied the famous pre-WW I DOHC Peugeot Indy race car engines, and then he designed his-own DOHC engine, which was very-successful on the racing circuits. When Miller had financial troubles, Fred Offenhauser bought the business, and the Miller became the Offenhauser engine, which populated almost the entire field at the Indianapolis 500 and other Champ Car races of the day for more-than 20 years. It was the Indy-Ford and the Ford-Cosworth DFW which knocked the Offenhauser off it's long-time perch as 'the winningest engine' for open-wheeled competition under AAA and USAC sanctions (what many would call Indy Car).

Golden Submarine 1917 Offenhauser-Miller.jpg

Last edited:
The first two look like extras from a Mad Max Movie😃

I bet there fun to drive though.

Hard to believe that those tires on that race car could hold the road, isnt it? I mean we know wider tires mean more traction and those pie cutters look like they would barely hold the road with someone pushing the car, LOL. I love seeing those old racers in exhibition racing events.

Skinny little tires, how about those window slits? You have to see the road to hold the road. It looks good but I don’t think I’d enjoy driving it. Now that tracked beast just needs a mini gun or a .50cal or two. Mad Max would be envious.

Back