One veteran's take on 9/11

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MtnMax/Magniac

Reaction score
Getty - Chip Somodevilla/ Saul Loeb

September 11, 2015, marked two anniversaries. First, it was the 14th anniversary of the 2001 attacks that brought down the World Trade Centertowers, damaged the Pentagon, and made heroes of the passengers on Flight 93 which crashed in Pennsylvania.

And second, it was the third anniversary of the attack in Benghazi, Libya, that killed four Americans: Ambassador Chris Stevens, Information Officer Sean Smith, and CIA Operatives Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods (both veteran Navy SEALs).

On anniversaries like these, many Americans reflect on the years past and the ways in which things have changed, or not changed – as the case may be.

One such American goes by the name “Athrun Zala” on Facebook. His profile states that he was an Army Cavalry Scout. And his comments on 9/11/2015 made a stark comparison between presidents both as leaders and as men:

“14 years ago, I had a President who was certainly neither the brightest crayon in the box nor the most eloquent.
He didn’t fill everyone’s ears with shi* they wanted to hear. He made mistakes, as all leaders do, but he owned up to them.
14 years ago, I had a President who made me proud to take the Oath of Enlistment.
14 years ago, I had a President who shared the sorrow of the nation instead of blaming the nation for the heinous deeds of others.
14 years ago, I had a President who never let the people forget he was one of them, instead of setting himself aside and higher than the people he swore to serve.
14 years ago, I had a President who was proud to be an American and who shared that pride with the people.
Today, I have an eloquent but petulant schoolchild pretending to be a leader.
On the worst day in American history since Pearl Harbor, I had a President who told the world that America will not bow down.
Today, I have a charlatan snake oil salesman who bows to my enemies.
But 14 years ago, I had a President.”

Really doesn't do justice to how fuckin bad the current asshole in charge has dragged down this country not only around the world but right here at home...:hammer bash:

Seems like most of these stupid college kids are products of dedicated courses that cause ' dumbing down '...and are taught by liberal puppets who are just as fuckin stupid as the kids they teach...:bang head:

Really doesn't do justice to how fuckin bad the current asshole in charge has dragged down this country not only around the world but right here at home...:hammer bash:

Seems like most of these stupid college kids are products of dedicated courses that cause ' dumbing down '...and are taught by liberal puppets who are just as fuckin stupid as the kids they teach...:bang head:

To often when I post I know I sound angry, I try not to but damn, you hit this right on the head. I cant recall where I heard it but one of my favorite quotes is, "If your not angry, your not paying attention." I have only been alive 47 years so I have not seen as much as many others here. I hope we have hit bottom with this tragic lump of shit president and can now start doing some damage control and slowly recover, I hope. It will take a lot of time, work and dedication to undo the damage of the current "leadership" and to a lesser degree the one before him.

Back