Rear Lights

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D Larson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put an integrated tail light from Brite2Wheels and an LED license plate from AutoGem.

Anybody know of reflectors that would fit the empty stalks of the OEM turn signals?

The next project is the Mike Kemp Halos for the front. The weather is starting to change so I need to finish this thing for the riding season.

Attachments

• Left Turn Signal.MOV
    17 MB
I was about to create something like that on my own, utilizing an arduino etc, replicating all tail light functions and adding some functionalities.... etched first PCB, but never got into it after that. I may need to restart, have plenty of time

Nothing really fancy. I used WS2812b LED strips so that I could address them individually. I made some running lights out of it.
Kept the Hazard lights on, even after the ignition off (mine shuts the hazards off once I switched the ignition off).
Different brake light patterns (still have to think about how I store the pattern).
The WS2812b LEDs are RGB LEDs and you can light them in the whole spectrum.
Another little thing to avoid draining the battery, it cut the power via the relay after 60s of inactivity AND the ignition is off.

It was also never intended to replace the current brake light/turn signal, I had it made as a license plate holder (laser-cut PVC). But I dumped everything and started from scratch.

View attachment 20200829_095410.mp4

I have a small video where I recorded an early version.

I'm not an electronic or programmer ... just saying

That really draws your attention with the motion of the lights. I like it.

My front end lights are almost done. I need one more part. Will post pictures soon.

Back