Smaller radiator

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jstets

Reaction score
Hello all I'm curious as to if anyone has fit a smaller radiator on a vmax or fabricated their own custom one ever. I needed to flush my cooling system and while she was empty I dropped the radiator off because I've always thought the bike would look much better without that big damn rectangle hanging out there. I know the max doesn't like to stay cool as is but does anyone know if I can just somehow calculate the cooling capacity of the oem and fab one up in a different shape, possibly 2 smaller fans that run much more often. Just hoping someone has some insight on the subject.

Hello all I'm curious as to if anyone has fit a smaller radiator on a vmax or fabricated their own custom one ever. I needed to flush my cooling system and while she was empty I dropped the radiator off because I've always thought the bike would look much better without that big damn rectangle hanging out there. I know the max doesn't like to stay cool as is but does anyone know if I can just somehow calculate the cooling capacity of the oem and fab one up in a different shape, possibly 2 smaller fans that run much more often. Just hoping someone has some insight on the subject.
Wow! I think this one is a first for me, on this or any other forum.
I already find myself brainstorming on it!
Let the postings begin, LOL

You need the width to get out from behind the tire and into the wind so it can pull in the air past it. Most modern bikes actually used curved radiators for similar reasons.

I've always actually thought that the stock radiator with lower rated thermostat is a bit too much than what is needed. Texas summer averages over 100 degrees at worst for several months in a row and I never had any cooling issues. That is why I thought a smaller radiator with stock fans should be just fine.

Back