The only Think i dislike more than GlamRock are lighting shapes Vmax Wheels

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patineto

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Main Machinist (The ex Kosman's guy) Tell me is very easy {for him} To install a Vmax cushdrives on any wheel I want..
Now the problem is just to find the CushDrivers (Because sending a whole wheel to get gutted to california is not Cheap..)
Is it a place that sell Only cush drives...???

You have to billet it which costs way more then getting a core and turning it down. BUT, keep in mind that very few other wheels have a large enough center hub to allow the Vmax center hub to fit (already been using "sandy's guy" for quite a few years now.) Probably 25 years ago we had a billet hub made and welded into a ZX7 wheel I want to say (it's been way too long). Another friend had a hub welded into a busa wheel.

You have to billet it which costs way more then getting a core and turning it down. BUT, keep in mind that very few other wheels have a large enough center hub to allow the Vmax center hub to fit (already been using "sandy's guy" for quite a few years now.) Probably 25 years ago we had a billet hub made and welded into a ZX7 wheel I want to say (it's been way too long). Another friend had a hub welded into a busa wheel.
JP Morgen my Friend and Magic Machinish is the one that build the Kosman wheeels...

he basically tell me, Get me a Cushdrive and i install it in whatever wheel you want...

and Now I have a crazy idea, using a Crossspoked bmw GS wheel that are stronger than anything

17x4.5Rear and 17' 19' or 21" up front, )Stupid on 21" rim is to skinny tooreally big boxes 030-X2.jpg

Different guy then I have been using (and I got the info from Sandy before he lost cognitive memory and finally passed away).
But, the Vmax uses a very large cush drive if you are going ot try and reuse a factory one (which is of course cast into the wheel if you want to keep the rubber dampeners). Otherwise you can simply remove the metal drive and have a billet insert made to put it into.

Years ago other guys have used the Honda rear drive assemblies on custom builds (single side builds). I never bothered with one of them.
Here's a few examples of custom setups (not including complete new aftermarkets).
Busa conversion
Another one by BBR (unknown donor blank)
The conversion our guy makes
A convesion George Deget made (overseas)
An FJR that a friend modified for his Vmax (offset was way out of centerline)
LCR (out of New York)
An R6 someone converted (more risky with the welds on the spoked areas)
Wire conversions done by Kosman
Last 2 are Kosman conversions with new "bands" on modified Vmax hubs

Attachments

• BusaMax-bare2.jpg
    BusaMax-bare2.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20180506_153454.jpg
    IMG_20180506_153454.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20180506_153503.jpg
    IMG_20180506_153503.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20200519_152235.jpg
    IMG_20200519_152235.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • Deget 17 wheel.jpg
    Deget 17 wheel.jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 71528904_2526792484046656_4180759090487623680_n.jpg
    71528904_2526792484046656_4180759090487623680_n.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 0
  • LCR Wheel.jpg
    LCR Wheel.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 0
  • R6 Rear Wheel - Drive Side.jpg
    R6 Rear Wheel - Drive Side.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 0
  • upload_2019-11-6_19-12-44.png
    upload_2019-11-6_19-12-44.png
    292.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20170131_151021482.jpg
    IMG_20170131_151021482.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Different guy then I have been using (and I got the info from Sandy before he lost cognitive memory and finally passed away).
But, the Vmax uses a very large cush drive if you are going ot try and reuse a factory one (which is of course cast into the wheel if you want to keep the rubber dampeners). Otherwise you can simply remove the metal drive and have a billet insert made to put it into.

Years ago other guys have used the Honda rear drive assemblies on custom builds (single side builds). I never bothered with one of them.
Here's a few examples of custom setups (not including complete new aftermarkets).
Busa conversion
LCR (out of New York)

Wow Mister MOrly, you know this Toys

The thing that worryes me is a Sidewall Crack (Work for ages on bombProof cars, plus had three Vmax's Before, One TO GO, Two to make my girldfriends Grab my butts..
The GS whells are weird, they are Tuless and the spoke stemter from the outside of the tire, Funny, my Friend that Give me this bike Make a wheel building Empire since bmw will not touch them or warranty them..
i'm th one that Teach Woody how to build them, but man your neurons over heat so fast, everything action of a spoke is 180 from a normal Spoke..
Also have been around aluminum welding (Bicycles and Motorcycles and is always bad news specially with the kinetic load and 620 pound plus
Im going to do my investigation with the Skunk works dude, you be surprise how many ride bikes, they dont lie, the calculate faster than element annalists on the comPutr

thank you very much, JP will be happy to see his Kosman's wheels
ThreeComrades.jpg

Busa conversion
LCR (out of New York)
OH SANDY, Man why they don't make business owners like him anymore, He was like the Chocolate factory, even before i meet Dave and Jp..
The Vmax i had in colombia "Expropriated for el PATRON" had every freaking think you can put on a gen 1, Hey money is no object for a Narco like that..
At the time i just came back from my first "Defensive" Course with the S.A.S In Scotland and they put me on this black thing and tell me you let the tire do a Burnout i First gear and when she is ready she will shift on her own (Coming from a Leaded with radio equipment K100LT/P that barelly move
The Teach guys install FOUR Claimor MInes, and we had a 100METER 7Strand very serious bicycle cable attach to us, if it when 101meter Freaking BUMB..

Those where the MadMax days

actually my tutor tell me "Cut that Car in Half" [They had triggeres for 5 bombs and our faraday mesh where kind of Ifi and the viper/cell jammers barely work..

So I did, the Taxi was a renault 12 and the bike cut like like a hotdog, two mines explore, the others two Duuds i guess..

That day we save a 12 story building, part of the fanciest university in the country, good 1500people, But the FFff^&% never use Plastic before so the garage scales or the bomb dogs did not even blink..

Funny to stop a Epic explosion with the VERy Same "Consentida" bike of the MOFO that plan it the whole thing..

Now I had share as much you share with me..

was that english?
Some how, Extreme Dixlexia + Plus a STROKE in 2015, that took me from 142IQ to 90 and in the last 10 months 39Hypoxia Attacks so i'm about 35/40iq

and i can Enumemerate my Five tittle too, Three DARPA Clearance, Even if today i'm not able to work at Walmart

Please, next time tell me something I do now know..

Sounds like he's got a history in the military or a police/SWAT as civilians don't usually talk about Semtex, plastique, claymore mines and other ordinance. Or Faraday Cages or the mesh they're made-of. No talk of ANFO though what Timothy McVeigh used to destroy the Alfred Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City.
https://www.fbi.gov/history/famous-cases/oklahoma-city-bombing
I assume he has some service-related disability due to something very debilitating having happened to him. If it's true, then you may have to 'read between the lines' to understand what he's experienced and what he's attempting to say. From the gist of what I've read, I'm glad I made it through a career in being a first responder, and didn't suffer neuro-muscular injuries to the point of losing part of my cognitive abilities. That may be what happened to him, and he's trying to have some quality time talking about motorcycles and some work experiences.

Last edited:
Sounds like he's got a history in the military or a police/SWAT as civilians don't usually talk about Semtex, plastique, claymore mines and other ordinance. Or Faraday Cages or the mesh they're made-of. No talk of ANFO though what Timothy McVeigh used to destroy the Alfred Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City.
https://www.fbi.gov/history/famous-cases/oklahoma-city-bombing
I assume he has some service-related disability due to something very debilitating having happened to him. If it's true, then you may have to 'read between the lines' to understand what he's experienced and what he's attempting to say. From the gist of what I've read, I'm glad I made it through a career in being a first responder, and didn't suffer neuro-muscular injuries to the point of losing part of my cognitive abilities. That may be what happened to him, and he's trying to have some quality time talking about motorcycles and some work experiences.
Yeah From A dedicated ACADEMIA boy and a ones a night movie goer, from one day to the next this pablo Escobar caracter start to place car bombs and kill people in Mass (mostly Kiddos) I punch on the brakes and Contact the chief of the bomb squad that was a very dear friend and "Security Service" contractor (with 1800 mercenaries from all over the world) and just from fights with water pistols in six months i was operating M124 Miniguns mounted of the trucks we build..(As the last vehicle of a caravan of 17, so we need to figure out how to fire 6000 rounds with out dropping a single casing or clip on the road since the traction of the suburbans with be compromise on the space route (Far more complicated than it sound)

I had the Balls , I had plenty of that, but Zero skill of Finesse and much less the mind of a assassinating, buy been so Dixlecic also came with a natural gift of None verbal situation "Semiotics" understanding so basically i was able to see persons that did not belong in the picture (Like sesame Street but to the 12 power) so i trade and honed certain skills so i was able to share and teach it with others and i return i learn a Million thing I really DID NOT want to know...(I was already kind of none neurotypical with outside help
also i'm have a brain architecture condition where my two lobes are connected together in many path (Nightmare for head doctors and also how a Super NEUROLOGIST, my ex wife feel in love with me looking at my MRI's)
so for example i was able to build a very high end bicycle wheel for wheel smith in Palo alto [the olimpic team basecamp] and be doing a very complex rendering with my right arm for my doctorate in Biomechanics, also Something extremely Useful to fire a MP5 with my left hand from a motorcycle (I became part on the inner circle of a Presidential candidate as moto "Breacher" (Opening paths after a Shape charges or a RpGs has been fire )

I did not want any of this, but what i did have was a unbendable spirit that was not for sale no matter what like the typical gubernatorial personal and the way Escobar and many others never got Catch..

For Example I re Implement 17 Toyota Troppies (3 door really long SUV) to drop 8 operarives at the ready in about 6 seconds when the usual was about 25seconds and was a "Slow Roll out"
Sorry for proping all this personal stuff, the light on my brain are getting dimmer so fast is really scary (TG, the Onwer of Woody wheel works, send me the Vmax before the day he die, so is a deep connection, and i'm going to set it my Way, even if nobody has seeing quite like it before)

hell i move here in 1995 and only after my stroke my brain start leaking compartmentalize information what will scare Vlad the Impeller..

Ps: 17 HALO Jumps and take helicopters apart to rebuilding with cutting edge composites was very fun..

Ps II: The four bombs did not use pins to pull or something that will get entangle with your suit, The cable for the trigger was on a Co2 power cartridge that require 3 looks to be open to become life..

Back