Thinking of selling my 2001 VMax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluto747

Reaction score
Thinking of selling my 2001 Vmax, it has aftermarket pipes, the boost and forward controls. About 12,000 miles, I’ve been out of the Vmax world for a few for quite a few years, any idea what it’s worth? Thanks in advance.

IMG_7693.jpeg

You could ask $4K and negotiate from there. Are those Cobra slip-ons 4/4 exhausts? Do you have the OEM megaphones? Putting those back-on and putting the carbs back to OEM jetting, if they were changed for the Cobras (Dynojet Stage 1 was, unfortunately a common change, and they were often problematic to tune well) would make the VBoost change the way the bike runs, because you should go from < 100 HP to something around 110 RWHP, and makes a very noticeable change in how the VBoost kicks in.

If you have the replacements for the seat (looks like a MaxGasser), the sissybar, and remove the windscreen, the forward controls and the case-savers and sell them separately, you might get more $ out of it. Does it run OK? No jumping out of 2nd? Rubber isn't worn to the cords, and not 10 years old?

If you decide, "eh, I don't wanna go to the trouble," then ask $4K and see what kind of offers you field.

Yep, I believe those are Cobra slip on’s. I forgot about the seat, yes, it’s a Maxgasser. I don’t believe I changed the jets carbs. I have all the original equipment, including some extra side tins. Doesn’t jump out of second, runs great and tires are good.

Nice looking 01 and low miles. I just picked up an 02 with 31k miles and paid $4500 with no extras. I noticed the forward controls, are they Tarazan? If they are Tarazan would you measure the connecting rods for me? I have a set of 17" Tarazan forward controls but no connecting rods and I believe I could make them if I knew the length. By the way good luck with the sale.

Back