Tokico 6 pots and Wave Disc's

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emempee

Reaction score
Having got my Max in August I had been waiting for parts to arrive before I could sort front end braking. Sean the man Morely sent me some adaptors for the six pot conversion and a rear adaptor to fit stock caliper with the larger Wavey disc. My old girl is a 91 model and was in serious need of some care and attention to the fork seals which had leaked onto the stock calipers, so forks were stipped first and overhaulled. Seans adaptors were the perfect fit and everything went together pretty smoothly and like most on this site who have done the conversion there was a little bit of griding inside the new calipers to clear the new disc but all done with a rat tail file fairly easily and only a tiny amount. When you do this leave the pads out and spin the wheel whilst looking at the clearance within the caliper. Pads (EBC HH) back in and then everthing tightened double checked. Note if you are using the Wavey disc's from China (seen on Ebay and he will sell you three if needed) there is a machined surface around the centre on one side, this need to be facing out otherwise the floating disc will not be in the centreline of the calipers.

Now the rear adaptor needed a little thinking through and some grinding on the lower bolt mount of the caliper and the corresponding carrier in order to line everything up but the effort is worth it as it completes the look. I am waiting for braided lines to arrive and will paint the stock rear caliper to match the fronts. Rear braking with the stock caliper is very good again with EBC HH pads but for looks I am looking out for a 6 pot to match the fronts.

Here's a link for the disc's http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FRONT-BRAKE-DISC-ROTOR-YAMAHA-R1-R6-FJR-FZ1-VMAX-BLACK-/120325497663?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c03f5633f

The mod monkey has caught me and my wallet is getting thin:punk:

Attachments

• DSC02103.jpg
    DSC02103.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC02102.jpg
    DSC02102.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 64

Latest posts

Back