Webster NY (Rochester) 1985 for sale many mods

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
Dunno if this guy belongs here, but I saw this & while the price is steep, maybe someone is interested. Wonder what his serial # is?

"fire-medic"

Craigslisting: PostingID: 2324835120

Yamaha Vmax - $8400 (Webster)

Date: 2011-04-14, 12:40PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

For Sale:
Vmax 1985
I have owned this bike for approximately 11 years and the bike has been great to me! It has nearly every option that a serious Vmax owner would want. As far as updates, I?ve specifically targeted all of the components unique to the early vmax bikes (weak rods, thin forks, 2 brush starter, etc?)

If you know the Vmax, hopefully you will recognize that many of these cost thousands, not hundreds to do. I've priced the bike at exactly half of what I've spent. Sorry for the long list, but it?s easier to just write it out all the features, than narrate over the phone. I can go into more detail if needed.

Engine:
Heavy duty connecting rods with 13.5:1 custom pistons. Runs great on pump gas. Approximately 4000 miles since rebuild.
Oil filter update---spin on
Keihin FCR 39mm downdraft carbs
Dyna 3000 ignition system
MRE air-over-electric shifter with on-board compressor
UFO stainless steel exhaust system
Yamaha Venture high CC battery
4 brush high-torque starter
New and updated regulator

Transmission:
Back-cut and shimmed with new gears?specifically, 2nd gear replaced to avoid any issues.
Barnett clutch with modified basket
MPS air-hydraulic clutch release mechanism
Stainless steel clutch and air lines

Other:

Complete custom-mounted R1 front end including dual 4 piston calipers and 17? wheel
Custom mounted gauges
?CR low-rise? handlebars
New OEM Yamaha handlebar controls
PCW notched and braced 3? extended swingarm
Suzuki 17x5.5 sportbike rear wheel
Shinko Stealth 190-50-17 rear tire
Polished scoops
Custom lowered seat
Yamaha Venture rear differential with taller gears for better highway mileage and higher top speed!

Thanks for looking! I'm having some picture issues, so if there are no pictures on the listing, they will be uploaded shortly... check back.

Don
585-330-7680

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

There is a less than 1000 mile 07 out near Syracuse for less money than that... somebody is dreaming at that price.

Yes, too-rich for my blood! Maybe serial # 002 or something! Even then...naahhh.

Latest posts

Back