How Much $ For The New 2009 Vmax?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As it goes I just sold my property in the UK and so could very well go to the stealers tomorrow and buy 6 of them. So affording it is not a problem.

But I won't out of principle, because as much as I'd love to own/ride one, I still think it's ridiculously overpriced and would much rather buy a lightly used one at the *right* price.

The '10 price hike is what I found especially annoying, considering there are zero improvements from '09 to '10 and it still only comes in a single color, which at this price is nothing short of outrageous.

I also agree with Diablotin that in Europe it's even worse - having lived in the UK for 20+ years I know everything about 'the great British rip-off'. Typically, we paid TWICE the price in the UK for an identical item in the States.

Guess why I order all my parts in the US and almost never in Europe.
If you check at the price of the part for the Gen1, the rule is the same 1 euro = 1 usd most of the time. :bang head:

I sense a little jealousy towards the second gen owners?? If you can't afford it just move on.... :confused2:

So the Gen 2 is now a status symbol? who would have thought. :biglaugh:

I have to say I'm with G on this one. $2k price hike for the same bike just a different color? :ummm:

So the Gen 2 is now a status symbol? who would have thought. :biglaugh:

I have to say I'm with G on this one. $2k price hike for the same bike just a different color? :ummm:

full new paint (engine + fairing) will cost me $350.
So please send me your gen 2 v-max parts I will do it for $500 because i'm nice :rofl_200:

I guess better to wait for aftermarket carbon fairing for the gen 2 by example.

I think I detect a little bit of hostility. None needed :)

Nothing could be further from the truth.. It's all good here,:punk: I'm very happy with my purchase, The First Gen was very good to me, hopefully the Second Gen is as equally well built!

1. Did you guys ever ride one?
2. Limited production only 2500 built 2009/ 2500 built 2010 limited production commands higher price.
3.Technology packed performance .... aluminum frame, slipper clutch, abs, ride by wire,I don't need to go on..and with 1700cc v4 current stock state is very mild.. without mods this bike is a hell of a quick machine, with mods OMG..
4. Nothing in it's class period.(and don't compare it to the Busa :damn angry: )
5.Price is what you are comfortable paying.. If you can't afford don't cry move on..Is this feature packed bike worth the current MSRP to me yepper :punk:
6.Compare this to a BMW why??? It's not the same class.. compare it to a Triumph Rocket III Roadster and your comparing apples to apples and for 1k more in price with the V-Max, you have a better looking, better preforming,better built, with advance technology, And most important it will make the rocket look silly.
7. My only wish .. only 2500 current 09 were built as they are , then Yamaha listened to the criers and re-released the first gen with BNC (bold new colors).....hahahaah

Then why post 7 times that the Gen 2 is overpriced?? I sense a little jealousy towards the second gen owners?? If you can't afford it just move on.... :confused2:

LOL... why is it the Gen 2 owner always use that line of "if you can't afford it". Because, honestly, that line is a load of bullshit to justify an expensive bike. If you base it solely on price, then why didn't you buy a 50 grand fully dressed Harley? Or are you one of those people that mock a Harley owner for spending that much on a bike and then suddenly gets his back up against the wall when someone thinks your Gen 2 costs too much for what it is. It's someones opinion, we all get to express our opinions here as an opinion can't be wrong, it just the way someone feels about something. You think it isn't too expensive, that fine, if others feel it is too expensive, don't take it as an insult. We all spend way too much cash on mods and everything else on our bike but that doesn't mean we are "wrong".

Now to go over your list. I finally got to ride one for about 6 hours, borrowing 1 from a co worker (nice guy!) . The bike is stock and it is a really nice bike but I also say from that ride that it is over priced. I have also ridden the newer FJRs, Busa, ZX-14s, R1 and B-Kings and they all handle better and feel faster and more powerful except for the FJR.
The "limited edition" is sort of a scam by Yamaha. They got the 2500 number by finding out the average number of sales of the Gen 1 for about the last 10 years. It worked out that roughly 2500 VMaxs were sold every year, so anyone that bought a new Max in the last 10 years has a "limited edition" one.
"Technology packed performance" ! ... well aluminum frames have been around for over 15 years, Yammy put the slipper clutches in their 600 sport bikes in the early 2000s (interestlingy enough the slipper clutch was inverted back in the 70s! and was even in the 83-85 750 Honda Shadow :wacko: ) , ride by wire has been on the R1 for a few years. So there isn't anything "new" technology wise on the VMax, as a lot of it has been picked from the R1 bin and possibly the FJR bin ( current theory is the front forks). I don't know why they didn't update the Gen 1 with these parts 10 years ago! :ummm:

Any ways the whole point of this thread originally was to guess the price of the Gen 2. I should have locked this thread when it was released as, sadly, it is turning into a pissing match between the Gen 1 and Gen 2 owners. It's really sad that the release of a new VMax has become a dividing wedge between owners like the VRod did between Harley owners. I'm leaving this thread unlocked for now because I hate posting something and then locking the thread without hearing some feedback. Please keep it civil with each other or I will call in Captain Banhammer!! :biglaugh:

Attachments

• banhammer.jpg
    banhammer.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 23
LOL... why is it the Gen 2 owner always use that line of "if you can't afford it". Because, honestly, that line is a load of bullshit to justify an expensive bike. If you base it solely on price, then why didn't you buy a 50 grand fully dressed Harley? Or are you one of those people that mock a Harley owner for spending that much on a bike and then suddenly gets his back up against the wall when someone thinks your Gen 2 costs too much for what it is. It's someones opinion, we all get to express our opinions here as an opinion can't be wrong, it just the way someone feels about something. You think it isn't too expensive, that fine, if others feel it is too expensive, don't take it as an insult. We all spend way too much cash on mods and everything else on our bike but that doesn't mean we are "wrong".

Now to go over your list. I finally got to ride one for about 6 hours, borrowing 1 from a co worker (nice guy!) . The bike is stock and it is a really nice bike but I also say from that ride that it is over priced. I have also ridden the newer FJRs, Busa, ZX-14s, R1 and B-Kings and they all handle better and feel faster and more powerful except for the FJR.
The "limited edition" is sort of a scam by Yamaha. They got the 2500 number by finding out the average number of sales of the Gen 1 for about the last 10 years. It worked out that roughly 2500 VMaxs were sold every year, so anyone that bought a new Max in the last 10 years has a "limited edition" one.
"Technology packed performance" ! ... well aluminum frames have been around for over 15 years, Yammy put the slipper clutches in their 600 sport bikes in the early 2000s (interestlingy enough the slipper clutch was inverted back in the 70s! and was even in the 83-85 750 Honda Shadow :wacko: ) , ride by wire has been on the R1 for a few years. So there isn't anything "new" technology wise on the VMax, as a lot of it has been picked from the R1 bin and possibly the FJR bin ( current theory is the front forks). I don't know why they didn't update the Gen 1 with these parts 10 years ago! :ummm:

Any ways the whole point of this thread originally was to guess the price of the Gen 2. I should have locked this thread when it was released as, sadly, it is turning into a pissing match between the Gen 1 and Gen 2 owners. It's really sad that the release of a new VMax has become a dividing wedge between owners like the VRod did between Harley owners. I'm leaving this thread unlocked for now because I hate posting something and then locking the thread without hearing some feedback. Please keep it civil with each other or I will call in Captain Banhammer!! :biglaugh:

Dude, where did you get my pic. I never gave permission for my image to be used!!!:rofl_200:
Betcha I can throw my hammer faster than a Gen 2 can do the 1/4 mile:biglaugh:

I understand where your coming from ,But when you go to a V-max forum and read over and over again the price point it gets very old....some think it's worth it some don't, I will leave it at that, you guys know how I feel :punk:
I have 2 Harleys in my collection, a Night Rod and a FLHT so don't tell me what you think I am, that sir is bullshit to the highest degree.

I find it odd that as a v-max owner you fail to compare apples to apples...you compared the second gen to Busa, ZX-14s,and an R1 they are sportbikes designed to have razor handling and top end performance, not much is going to surpass the handling of the above listed as for the FJR it's a sport touring bike it gets better mileage Period nothing else...as for the B-King well that's a cartoon bike (naked style).. yet you fail to remember the V-Max is a Cruiser Fair comparison I think not, rethink your reasoning.

Sure the slipper clutch, abs,and all the goodies the new max has installed, has been used before and in years past BUT, when has all this combined been used in a CRUISER ?????
Sadly a lot of members here the line has been drawn, Imagine arguing about a V-Max on a V-Max site, I guess your always going to have it ... SAD
I will chill on this subject and have had my last say,Thanks!
If I can't handle the banter I can leave :baby: or you can give me the Boot:banned:
Call for Ban Vote??

Both bikes are cool. I'd love to pick up a new Vmax along with a bunch of other new toys. I guess fast things kick ass.

I bet most of us wish that the co. updated the Gen I w/an Al frame, better suspension, and put it out for $12K. Since that didn't happen, either pony-up for the Gen II or "ride what brung-ya."

I tried to get the UK frame-builder who does the alloy frame to answer emails, but no-go. Of course, Harris will build whatever you want. Bring $.

The way I see it, if you lost 100 lbs off the Gen I, you wouldn't have to worry-about much more h.p. because of the enhanced power to weight ratio. One hundred thirty r.w.h.p. and ~500 lbs fully-fueled should give you a nice balanced ride w/plenty of performance. I just think spending $5-7K for a frame & doing most of the fitment yourself means you end up w/a ~$10-12K ride that probably is worth 1/2 of that, maybe, on resale, and it would be a labor of love, not a profit center.

Does Anyone Know What This Bike Is Going To Cost Me?
You should be able to get one depending where you a re for about !9-10K

Here is a a nice looking 2009 for $10K

https://fargo.craigslist.org/mcy/6011759179.htmlThat is up here in Fargo ND or Minnesota I live on the border at several times I was thinking about selling my 2015 that has a ton of extras with it. I'm leaning on the side that I'll be keeping it but if some wanted to look at it and made me a fair offer I may just sell it. My last VMAX before this on was a 2007 and I wasn't looking to buy but I saw it and the owner came out and we talked about it and I owned the next day. The VMAX before that one I wanted on and could 'find what I wanted for a long time. This 2015 I saw in Craigslist and drove to Montana to look at it and I deduced t buy it.

Mine is technically for sale but because of the price I doubt it will sell it.

Good Luck in looking for a VMAX, also were about are you located if I see any more I will send then your way. There is a 2005 but I don't know much I didn't get a good feeling when we ere on the phone talking about it. In the pic's it looks god and may very well be a great bike but I act on my gut feeling and when I feel someone isn't interning to talk to me about the sale he is either not sure about sell it or maybe like I with my 2015, I won't sell i until the person who might be interesting sit down and talk a bit. This my sound weird but many on here may say no Ron that is how you are. If I don't think the bike will have a good new owner I'd rather keep it.

I own it I paid cash for it and all the extras has this VMAX has will be hard to find on another VMAX . Good luck in your search a VMAX is a nice bike I have owned 8 of them over the years. Whatever VMAX you find be safe on it and respect the power.

Ron

You should be able to get one depending where you a re for about !9-10K

Ron

y5av0.jpg

I got mine for 15,300. I think they can justify that price but I also feel it should’ve been closer to the 13,000 pp. Overall, it is hard to say that the constant smiles aren’t worth it, maybe it should come with Botox for the inevitable wrinkles it’s going to apply to my face. One thing that does get my zapples going is the fact that it doesn’t come with a windshield/backrest and they want almost another 1k for them. Ouch. That is just mean. And don’t forget discontinuing the hard bags, WTF? Do people only buy these to trailer to a race track??? BANGHEAD AGAINST SOLID ROCK.

I got mine for 15,300. I think they can justify that price but I also feel it should’ve been closer to the 13,000 pp. Overall, it is hard to say that the constant smiles aren’t worth it, maybe it should come with Botox for the inevitable wrinkles it’s going to apply to my face. One thing that does get my zapples going is the fact that it doesn’t come with a windshield/backrest and they want almost another 1k for them. Ouch. That is just mean. And don’t forget discontinuing the hard bags, WTF? Do people only buy these to trailer to a race track??? BANGHEAD AGAINST SOLID ROCK.
Dan,
Did you buy new for $15,300? With Tax? I think it is clear that the demand for the big bikes have fallen hard and the pricing should soon be reflecting that.....Thanks for a reply.

All right, new contest! List your guess and I'll place them in this post. This is for the US$ price. I'll think of some exciting prize later.

Neil-3446 - 15,950
Buster H :coolgleamA: - 16,800
Steve "Red98vmax" - 15,000
Bill Kratzenberg - 14,650
4gasem - 13,499
Autrey - 14,900
n1stang - 12,995
VikingD - 13,999.99
Mr. Lynn - 13,695
dwardtxusa - 16,500
one2dmax - 17,999
QuarterHorse - 14,299