In Memory of Hugh Hefner - Mr Playboy

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D-Max2012

Reaction score
To the man that produced the magazine that brought a smile to most young boys back in the day.

May he Rest In Peace.

To the man that produced the magazine that brought a smile to most young boys back in the day.

May he Rest In Peace.

+1

But, brought a smile?

That's not what the magazine brought to me! LOL! :banana:

That's not what the magazine brought to me! LOL!

Either before, during or after, a smile was produced at some point.. :rofl_200:

He was quite the ladies man. I don't think he ever had a wife over 30 years old.
Rest in peace

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

"I liked the articles."

He published many people who had a boost to their careers from being selected for printing. Also, the artwork that appeared in the magazine was often first-rate.

One of the most fun to read authors was Jean Shepherd. Anytime that he had a new story in the magazine, it was guaranteed to be a fun time to spend, reading. If you don't know who this guy is, then you can segue-into his works by watching a movie adaptation of one of his stories, "A Christmas Story." I always like to watch that at holiday time, it has so-many funny vignettes in it that even though I've watched it many times, and have read it, I still laugh out loud, and smile often seeing it again.

Hefner gave voice to people who threatened the status quo, from Lenny Bruce to Malcom X. You may not agree with what was said by these people, but like Patrick Henry, you have to allow the discussion, or our feedoms are compromised.

Of course, there were the articles about new products available for the discerning young man about town, whether it was clothing, cars, motorcycles, boats, stereos, sports gear, places to visit, you name it. And who can forget the 'Playboy Advisor?'

The magazine was always above its competitors. Hefner was an iconoclast, he fought fights others couldn't, wouldn't, or tried and failed, and he won.

Latest posts

Back