Intermittent 3 cylinder running

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShawnD

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 with V&H CS1 exhaust, PCV with autotune. I have plans to get the ecu sent to Mr Nash. I have the bogging just off idle & the issues with cruising surges but lately I've started having it run on 3 cylinders, usually only lasts a few seconds. I looked at all the connections for the pcv & autotune & nothing appears wrong, no loose connections. Can plugs do that, stop firing for short periods? Bike only has about 4300 miles.

EDIT: I'm going to go ahead & change plugs. Here is a link, set of 4 under $28 to your door...https://www.amazon.com/NGK-Spark-Pl...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=0SFS9301RBEDMQEJMX70

Last edited:
Plug change wasn't near as dreadful as I thought it was going to be. #2 cylinder was a bit challenging but using the 5/8 socket, 3" extension, universal joint & two 6" extensions was easier than expected...no coolant draining or left side hose removal. I used about a foot long piece of 1/4 pvc hose jammed on to the end of the plug running up through the left side of the frame to get the threads started. Took a few tries but once they started I just pulled the hose off the plug & the rest was cake.

Latest posts

Back