does anyone have info on UFO Fuel Programmer

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hsmunoz

Reaction score
hello everyone
I just became the new owner of a 2011 Matte Black Max.

It has the UFO fuel programmer installed. The bike did not come with any info on it, and I don't want to start pressing buttons without knowing how the programmer works

if any of you guys have the data on this unit , I would be greatly appreciative for some help.

Henry in Brighton

Hi Henry.....Congrats on the Gen 2, you are going to love it!

Unfortunately the UFO fuel controller is not any good. It can only add fuel, it's adjustments are coarse and there is no feedback from it to let you know if your adjustments are making things better or worse. Everyone that I know that had one scrapped it.

Your best for fueling/tuning by far would be having your ECU reflashed by Gurued Gear. http://guruedgear.com/

The next best thing would be a Dyno Jet PCV and a custom Dyno tune.

Another possible solution would be a DynoJet PCV and a DynoJet AutoTune module that will allow you to tune yourself as you ride.

The reflash is the best way to go because it's the least expensive when all is said and done, and it does much more (removes low end bog, removes the speed limlter, corrects one cylinder that is lean from factory and corrects a bunch of other "quirks" in the bikes fueling).

Mark

thanks guys
after going over the bike, it also has the UFO cross over mids, so no cat, and a K&N with the air box mod. So it's ready for the GURU flash . I will get that done in the next couple weeks . Though this bike rips just the way it is. The UFO fuel programmer was actually not connected , I noticed that no leds would come on so I traced the wires and confirmed that it is just sitting in there adding weight. I will yank it when I pull the ECU.

Latest posts

Back