One cylinder not firing

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMAX1260

Supporting Member
Reaction score
so after almost 3 years i am back on the roads, before 2 days as iwas riding my no 1 cylinder stoped firing, things i have checked

checked if i had spark. No spark
replaced with new spark plug - No spark
replaced the ht coil with the right one to see if i had spark - No spark ,

my bike has one pick up coil. all other 3 cylinder runs fine.
tommorow i ll check all the wirings , connectivity voltages e.t.c

i dont want to see a faulty cdi box.

does anybody know what i should read with my multimeter in the connecting plug that goes to the ignition coil ?

if you have any idea that i should add to what to check list for tommorow please comment

12 volts on one side, the CDI grounds the coil to fire it. Unplug the kick stand switch just to eliminate it, though it should effect all 4 cylinders. I think if you have the correct voltage at the coil connecvtor, the CDI is suspect.

12 volts on one side, the CDI grounds the coil to fire it. Unplug the kick stand switch just to eliminate it, though it should effect all 4 cylinders. I think if you have the correct voltage at the coil connecvtor, the CDI is suspect.
yeap it was the cdi. replaced all good now

Glad the CDI replacement got you going.

You might try re-sweating the thin wires inside the box, where the plug-in goes, that's worked for some people to restore CDI function.

Back