How Much $ For The New 2009 Vmax?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

More than I got. :damn angry:

17,500 without ABS, 18,500 with ABS.

I think it is going to be out of the reach for most
V-MAX owners. And Yamaha could care less if currant V-MAX owners buy one. They want to market it to a differant type of owner, ones with money.

17,500 without ABS, 18,500 with ABS.

I think it is going to be out of the reach for most
V-MAX owners. And Yamaha could care less if currant V-MAX owners buy one. They want to market it to a differant type of owner, ones with money.

But with the B-King out there as pretty good competition at around 13 large I think we may all be surprised...:banana:

But with the B-King out there as pretty good competition at around 13 large I think we may all be surprised...:banana:

The B King shares its engine, electronics...etc with the Busa. The Busa sells real well and off sets the cost of R&D.

Now the supposed "NEW" V-Max is going to be a one off deal, right? It isn't going to share its engine, electronics...etc with anything else, right?

In my world that = $$$$$, start saving your pennies now.

The B King shares its engine, electronics...etc with the Busa. The Busa sells real well and off sets the cost of R&D.

Now the supposed "NEW" V-Max is going to be a one off deal, right? It isn't going to share its engine, electronics...etc with anything else, right?

In my world that = $$$$$, start saving your pennies now.

Who says?? The C-14 shares the ZX motor and like you say the Busa and B-King share... Who's to say that Yamaha won't do the same?:confused2:

I hope you're wrong but I have a funny feeling you're right...:bang head:

Man, I can't believe how many of you guys think this bike will be more than $14K.

The new Vmax had better be $14K or under. If it reaches that price point, there is a very strong chance I'll buy one. (It would be the most expensive bike I've bought by far, but if it's good enough then I'll do so happily. I've bought two other bikes brand new--my Z1000 and my GSX-R1000, both of which I paid $2500 and $2000 under MSRP, respectively.)

But if the new Vmax is going to be north of $14K, I will probably buy a lightly used Harley Street Rod for $10-$12K. Anything more than $14K, IMO, is excessive for a Japanese muscle cruiser, no matter how much rwhp it has. If Yamaha does that, it will piss me off enough to make me seriously consider the Street Rod. And let's be honest--with 1800ccs to work with, it's not like it will take a whole lot of time or effort to make big power, so it's not like Yamaha can use that as a justification for raising the price beyond the reasonable range.

Man, I can't believe how many of you guys think this bike will be more than $14K.

The new Vmax had better be $14K or under. If it reaches that price point, there is a very strong chance I'll buy one. (It would be the most expensive bike I've bought by far, but if it's good enough then I'll do so happily. I've bought two other bikes brand new--my Z1000 and my GSX-R1000, both of which I paid $2500 and $2000 under MSRP, respectively.)

But if the new Vmax is going to be north of $14K, I will probably buy a lightly used Harley Street Rod for $10-$12K. Anything more than $14K, IMO, is excessive for a Japanese muscle cruiser, no matter how much rwhp it has. If Yamaha does that, it will piss me off enough to make me seriously consider the Street Rod. And let's be honest--with 1800ccs to work with, it's not like it will take a whole lot of time or effort to make big power, so it's not like Yamaha can use that as a justification for raising the price beyond the reasonable range.

Like I said, start counting your pennies now. I was at the NY MC show and spoke with a Yamaha "Regional Manager". he said "Yes on the new V-Max and between 18-20 thou, 200 imported for the first year run".

yamaha just sent me a credit card approved for $17000.....can use on any of here products...also just bought a new 06 max so maybe that price has something to do with the new star max......all the high end yamaha bikes that where prices between 14 to 17.000 like the road liners with he 113 motors are not selling at all there stuck with them....probably has to do with price..i wont be surprized if the new star max does not happen..it wont sell if priced above 1400.00...think a 1800 motor in the same frame would be a better seller with a few upgrades to the frame

I am guessing few of you remember what the first year Max cost. I tried to buy an 85 but it was sold before I made the deposit and got an 86 for $4,200 bucks out the door. Don't you just love inflation? My Guess for MSRP $15,999

Can you please make the prize a new V Max please?! The MSRP will be $14,995 Why that price? because thats all I can afford or that the bank will loan me. Toodles Ya'll

Agreed, it'll be out in very limited numbers and high $....similar to Honda's Rune.

And my local dealer still has 2004 Runes for sale....

Have they gone down in price at all? Aren't they like $30 g's?

They were mid 20's. I have seen the 2004 leftovers for much less. Have never seen one on the road......

Back