What year will the "new" VMax appear?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When will the "new" VMax appear?

Votes: 19 14.2%

Votes: 54 40.3%

Votes: 36 26.9%
  • NEVER!

Votes: 25 18.7%

• Total voters
I'm new so I not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I installed a brass washer in place of the rubber washer, torqued it to about 8-9 lbs(not 2.2lbs it shows in manual). I had to mess with it more than I would have liked, but I no longer have the shake at high speeds or in corners. Wondering why the low opinion of this upgrade.

They were talking about the orange ring that bulges out on the oil pump, not the rubber washer on the steering assembly.

What the hell were we talking about when this thread started? Oh well, SMASH, the washer cannot possibly do anything to help. If you look at where the rubber washer is and what it does, replacing it cannot affect any wobble or weave issues with the bike. Doesn't matter if that spacer is rubber, moon rock, titanium or petrified T-Rex feces. The key is getting the torque on the bottom nut right.

Oh, I remember! I am beginning to question the possible existence of a new Max. Gas prices going up, people are starting to listen to the environmentalists, etc. I just hope they don't bring out a new 'V-MAX' version of the Vino. All though a 250cc version with scoops and a fat tire in the back might be appealing...:rocket bike:

Nah, just a left-over 2007 probably being sold as an '08. There wasn't an '08 anywhere as far as I know.

Next V-max official photo...
2009%20Yamaha%20Vmax.jpg

some info about it:
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/mcn/2008/1-4/26-31/may27082009-yamaha-vmax-revealed/

I was expecting USD fork but I'm happy with the radial brakes.
Hope the tank have enough place for fuel :ummm:

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/8726/pages5pd6.jpgbigger article image

Bike image

Back view

"Otodama"Spirit&Sound

All from here

Last edited:
Is it too late to vote? Mine arrives in november 2008. Got one reserved and I'm ready to go :biglaugh:

Great old post, read it and now know the VMAX is here in it's new form in 09. I deposited my cash in 08 and it was delivered in April of 09. It's the most awesome acceleration I've ever expereinced on 2 wheels.

I'm a one of the old metric cruiser riders who wanted the ultimate engineering "excess" Star/Yamaha could make.

I have the Raider too, which kicks serious butt in it's cruiser class as a V-Twin, but I'm totally thrilled by the VMAX V-4 !

:eusa_dance:

Back