Dyno'd the bike today.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Trauma, I have been trying to find a local shop to do a dyno on but no luck yet. Can you PM me your costs for this (or post if you feel like) so I can get a idea on costs for our area.

Thanks!

Well I use Wind River here in Lawton...It is a FLAT 85 bucks an hr. How ever many dyno runs you can do....or what ever in that hr, and its just 85.

Hey Trauma, I have been trying to find a local shop to do a dyno on but no luck yet. Can you PM me your costs for this (or post if you feel like) so I can get a idea on costs for our area.

Thanks!

There's a Vmax specific "Dyno Day" scheduled for Aug 23rd +24th, a mere 125 miles from you. And with guys like Sean Morley & Mark Milne in attendance, to name just a couple, you will have a lot of support to help tune your beast for the best possible hp.

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=34245&page=2

If this event is like the previous one's held in Topeka, KS, you will have a LARGE time.

Now that being said....Ive HEARD of places in OKC that is 3 runs for 100 dollars. To me thats WAY too high. My bike doesn't even make peak HP until about the 5th or 6th run.

I'm gonna have to talk to Sean about some stuff. Seeing your stuff makes me wonder if bigger paj would keep me from fouling plugs. Maybe I'll actually get to ride it over the next couple days, though.

Eric,

Have you worked with timing advance on dyno?

Gary

Well currently still running the dyna 3000 #2 curve. When I added that one....I picked up almost 2 hp, but when I added #3....I lost 2. I was gonna put in some octane booster this go around, and try #3 again, but want to get tuning a bit better first, and then try it.

EDIT here is the post where I do that. http://www.vmaxforum.net/showpost.php?p=371203&postcount=41

I'm gonna have to talk to Sean about some stuff. Seeing your stuff makes me wonder if bigger paj would keep me from fouling plugs. Maybe I'll actually get to ride it over the next couple days, though.

It might.....and its PAJ2....behind the diaphragm cover...thats what leans out the midrange. I was surprised to see the difference in torque figures running rich vs lean.

Some 2.5. Some a bit more. Doesn't want to start farther in than that. I'll have a chance to play with it a bit tomorrow. Don't want to hijack your thread.

LOL.....I'm not worried about you hijacking the thread. I am a BIG fan of having a A/F bung in the exhaust, it makes base line tuning so much easier.

So all of the jetting...is stock?

I'm wondering if there is an air restriction someone where....like in PAJ#1? That allows air to enter the mix at idle.

Ive had my A/F screws at 4 turns out. To me if there is an air restriction.....that would make you super rich at idle.

Back