99 Carbon with Kerker

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats a good run....not surprised about removing the "Y". I picked up almost 2 hp that way on a dyno run. Is it my imagination....or was your best run at A/F of 14 to 1?

Last edited:
You are correct. I was actually very interested to see if I could achieve similar results to yours. I have a modified k&n filter and airbox lid to try next time. 50 bucks for this kind of info is quite reasonable I think.

Well your results were similar to mine....I made 113 with this combination. 50 bucks is a GREAT price.

My results were right at 13 to 1. Here is a copy of my last dyno.

Your welcome....that was the whole point of doing this. I would dyno step by step....and that way you can see what will work....and not work.

It does bring up an interesting question....I wonder if there is some hp available....if I lean it out a bit more.

Attachments

• Scan0005.pdf
    371.8 KB · Views: 51
Well on PAJ#2....(in Seans muscle jet kit....and stage 7) you can swap a 177.5 for the 170. If I remember right....it should lean everything just a bit.

On mine....I never trimmed the lid....but trimmed the filter to match the factory cutout in the lid.

Having a cleared pilot will make it run better around town....etc...low rpm. I dont know if there is an increase in HP. I had a clogged PJ on 2 carbs....that didnt become evident until I started tuning...and leaning things out.

Sent from my Surface with Windows 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Last edited:
Well jets thru Sean are about 10 bucks a set. I have his muscle jet kit....I'm just curious to see what all I can get out of a basically "stock" bike, before I put that in.

Any information that is found out and posted will definitely help others out.

I

Last edited:
Well i should dyno again here shortly with different PAJ's so it will be interesting to see the difference.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

I have recently installed Sean's jet kit and have a trip to the dyno scheduled for early Saturday. I am anxious to see the results and compare with my previous runs!

Adjusting the needle will affect about 3500-7500 rpm range. The PAJ2 will have it's greatest affect in that same range but leans the others out too.

Latest posts

Back