Marathon Dyno Weekend

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Damon

Reaction score
First let me say Gary/Dingy sorry I missed you on Friday would have been great to finally meet you in person, my work schedule just wouldn't allow me to attend Friday. What we had were some V-maxer's from Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, & Ohio with a flavor of both gen-1 & gen-2 bikes and free open dyno access. The gen-2 guys were working with ignition module up grades & air box mods taking them from a baseline of low to mid 170's RWHP to low 180's. The one bike that caught my eye was a 1500cc gen-1, with a baseline setup of; 1500cc, Dyna-3000 module, stage-7 CV carbs, & Dragstar 4-1 exhaust. Keep in mind all dyno run results are the average of three pulls each. The 1500 baseline was 162RWHP with 104lbs of torque. The owner decides he would like to convert the ignition module from the dyna to the programmable Inditech type 4CH V88, & the stage-7 carbs to a V-gas system. End results after programming, jetting & needle position corrections was 170RWHP with 115 lbs of torque, and a very noticeable mid-range gains. During the final runs of this bike it took the operator & another person to help hold this bike down on the dyno drum due to skipping in the 7K~8K range. We're almost ready for the next riding season!

Sounds like a good time especially since the weather is still a bit cold for riding. I would like to see the gen 1s numbers at the strip.

Lee,
The owner of the gen-1 always participates in the Martin 131 bike days. Maybe you will be able to hook-up with him.

That wasn't the one that ran 10.70's last time out was it. I thought I overheard him saying he had a 1577 motor or something like that.

Sounded bad ass, but he couldn't ride it well. Could have been his first time on it though. That was the last time we were at Martin for the Charity run or whatever that was. Track wasn't great either, I couldnt even hit a 9 on my bike which is sad LOL.

Lee you ran 11.60's that day didnt you?

Back