L3K tanks - back in stock

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I barely made it home 80 miles today, had the low fuel light go on in the tach. Apparently averaging 80 to 95 and going a lot faster than that too on a mountain road where most corners could be taken at 60 plus mph and getting up over 120 a few times drops the mileage down in the low 20s. I had 2 MSR fuel bottles so I wasn't real worried, but when the gauge started flashing I slowed down to 65. I only had a couple miles to go then, and I was getting close to my town, and more chance of LEOs anyway.

A ride I took a couple weeks ago just cruising at mostly the speed limit I was averaging over 30 mpg on 2 fillups, so it still seems better than I expected overall.

I like these bags I got for it too, the fuel bottles are in a watertight plastic box in the bottom bag.

20160507_190415.jpg

As much as I love riding this beast, I'm ready to get off after about an hour and a half for a little stretch. That's just about how much time I have before I need to hit the next gas station. I don't know about the rest of you, but I've never came close to getting 110 miles before the next fillup. I'm running Nash Flash, H-pipe 4/2 exhaust, and MAB with K&N filter. If I stay out of the throttle, I'm looking at 80 miles with about a half a gallon left.

Just dropping in to update, when I ride sane and not risking tickets I don't get the flashing low fuel light until after 100 miles. Turns out It does have K&N Filters and a modified exhaust and a Power Commander module with 2 tunes preset. Occasionally I think about filming it continuously from one fill up to the next just to prove it but Ain't nobody got time fo dat. It usually averages between 33 and 34 MPG.

Last month I stopped at a Gas station and saw that they had ethanol free Premium so I filled up with it and when I got home 82 miles later it still had 1/3 of a tank left according to the gauge. I'll take it but I really would like having a bit more range from a tank of gas. I keep a MSR bottle of fuel in the rear carrier just in case.

Good thing I bought it for grins and not fuel economy though. Nothing compares to merging into traffic from a stop and almost instantly being ahead of and faster than all of it no matter the speed of traffic.

Threadjack over.:2gunsfiring_v1::2gunsfiring_v1:

Back