Pipes,jetting and air box mods good for only 10 HP ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Horsing around with power
I think 10lbs is a hp converter 20lbs? rear inner fender, center stand, small drag bars,
no pass. pegs, lightweight exhaust/slip-on wt, be may is another 10 lbs may get you 3-4hp
The rims are heavy? grab bar?
So strip that girl down naked
Vboost, I thinks a gain of 10% so add on/off switch. Or stage 7 has the always pipe, no butterfly maybe 10hp under 6200rpm
I am thinkin with less weight and constant boost total guess 13-15 hp
Then jet kit and air filters may get you some more hp
Just a wild guess over a few beers
Dale Walker did a drag strip article "Takin it to the Nines " detailing his version of the Vmax. Mad Max in Connecticut built some wild maxed out machines.

That old article from March of '87 (Takin' it to the nines) was about Jay Gleason doing (not Dale Walker) drag strip runs with various bikes. Even included a turbo Kawi Eliminator. I have that reprint somewhere.
He did get the Gen 1 Vmax into the nines. Carb and airbox work, Kerker pipe, wheelie bar, and a drag slick on wire spoke rear wheel. The turbo Kawi broke and there was never a rematch.

Vinnie

Ha ha Chuck. Awesome. I like the wire wheels!

YA MAN THAT'S IT
Vinny thanks, your right it was Jay not Dale. Its a great article and glad to see its not something us Vmaxers forgot.
I had got the article from a company who did bike history for the Vmax,the kawy 900, and other bikes. They put together all publications from different magazines etc...
The Vmax is the first one on the cover for a reason. Chuck knows that.
Having the bike is truly a piece of history for sure !! WOW WAY COOL

Back