Is this a good lift point for the bike?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShawnD

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got a craftsman jack I think will work if I put about 4" of support in the circled area. I don't think lifting from the back of the motor will get the front end up so I also need to know if I can also lift from a bit further forward, directly underneath the oil pan.

Attachments

• IMG_4747.jpg
    IMG_4747.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 68
If you have the stock pipes on it, you can lift pretty-much anywhere you need-to, they can take it.

I've used jackstands under the case-savers/crashbars on the front of the frame, if you have them. Jack the bike up and place them and then lower the bike on them.

If you need to remove the front wheel for a tire change, or for doing steering head work, and you retained the centerstand, I just put it onto the centerstand, and jack the front end under the front of the motor, and then use cribbing under the casesavers to hold the balance point towards the rear, so the front end is off the ground.

With the bike on the centerstand, it doesn't take much jacking to tilt the front end into the air. Just make sure that you hold it elevated securely.

Sorry, I didn't notice. I'm letting those guys who own one speak to this.

Back