Key power around battery area

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max88

Reaction score
Anyone know where the best place to tie into key power under seat or battery area on a gen 2.? Gps installation...

Its under the left air intake. I'd send a pic but I would have to take the bike apart. It was a plug with 4 wires, I think blue. Just grab a meter and turn the key off and on one side to ground and other in that plug. You'll find it.

Frame & Fork braces for 1rst gen Vmax may be a waste of money, time, and effort?
like some other modifications, (especially louder exhaust systems). Many such so called "improvements" may be a little bit imaginary.

'bolt on' frame braces : they brace an out of line frame.

Fork braces : They brace an out of line front end.

I've /we (KC Engineering) have been doing all type of repair, maintenance, and modification since 1985. I personally have owned 5 gen 1's (all at one time).

One of the biggest, (if not THE biggest) contributors to VMX12N's handling problems, is wheel alignment. I personally not seen it, but have been told of Vmaxes leaving the factory at 5mm to 10mm wheel 'off set'.

There is a very inexpensive fix, but more 'labor intensive' than just a 'bolt on' procedure - so easily done, and thus more popular.

If you know how, (and before you proceed further), check your 'wheel alignment'

(You just may be one of the lucky ones who's wheels are already in , (or near)
alignment. Max 3mm OA (out of alignment) is what you looking for.

We've been in business since 1976, first figured this out on earlier model BMW 'airheads'. When we realized some bikes handled like 'road racers', while others a '3 legged pig'. Bikes with the 'Earl type' front forks were the worse. It was a 'night, and day' difference after modification was performed.

Those bikes, like the 1rst gen. Vmaxes were shaft drive, with similar swing arm bearing 'positioning'

This is our first time posting here - don't know the word, or 'symbol' limit.

My email [email protected], OR 1-415-706-9542. But I will try to start another post soon.
Kenny Cresci

Back