Oil leak

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adrian2

Reaction score
Hi all, there's a wire going into the back of the engine/clutch cover on the right hand side as your sitting on the bike (oil pressure maybe???) well after a ride out and parking it up on the centre stand overnight I come back to a small puddle of oil on the floor? Just wondering if anybody has had the same leak from where the wire enters the case, and how to fix it.
Thanks for any help
Ade.

Can you post a picture of where its leaking?

Hi all, there's a wire going into the back of the engine/clutch cover on the right hand side as your sitting on the bike (oil pressure maybe???) well after a ride out and parking it up on the centre stand overnight I come back to a small puddle of oil on the floor? Just wondering if anybody has had the same leak from where the wire enters the case, and how to fix it.

Thanks for any help

Ade.

Does your bike have an oil gauge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im not aware of any wires that enter the case in that area. We will need a photo to help you out

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

All I can see towards the back of the clutch case is the rear brake switch and the engine ground. It shouldn’t leak from either place since the frame ground doesn’t go all the way through into the engine

Mark

Adrian, that’s custom. None of my maxes had that. Just a guess, maybe for a gear indicator display? That’ll be tougher to seal. Maybe a grommet and some Permatex Ultra black.

Mark

Adrian, that’s custom. None of my maxes had that. Just a guess, maybe for a gear indicator display? That’ll be tougher to seal. Maybe a grommet and some Permatex Ultra black.

Mark

Agreed. Ive not ever seen that before. I would take the cover off and see whatvyou can do to seal ut up

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back