• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Differential '89 Vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes indeed. I do have the rear drive units (should have Venture and Vmax both on hand).

There's a couple of them on Ebay. Here's one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/yamaha-vmax...ash=item464db4a541:g:OfgAAOSwHQ9WYc1A&vxp=mtr

That's a final drive, Jim.
The man is looking for a differential.
Blax, being a knowledgeable individual, can you tell me where to find the differential on the max:ummm:
Cheers!

I called the local parts supplier to get new prices and said final drive, the guy on the phone corrected me and said "you mean differential"
But after searching since I posted this I was able to find a rolling frame with everything I needed for $500 and it also has what my dad's bike needs. Thanks for the quick help guys

It's a final drive with constant ratio gears. A differential is a completely different thing that connects to two opposite wheels and allows for "differential" turning when in a curve so the outside wheel can turn more than the inner one and not drag it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It's a final drive with constant ratio gears. A differential is a completely different thing that connects to two opposite wheels and allows for "differential" turning when in a curve so the outside wheel can turn more than the inner one and not drag it.

Well said that man!

It would perhaps be appropriate if the moderators used the correct terminology in the title of the 'Drivetrain' section?

.......I suppose that Mr rockman1113 may have a trike though?

Well said that man!

It would perhaps be appropriate if the moderators used the correct terminology in the title of the 'Drivetrain' section?

.......I suppose that Mr rockman1113 may have a trike though?
LOL in that case should not call a yomama dealer for parts.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I always call it a differential or a pumpkin. It's a you know what I mean defination:biglaugh:

Yamaha lists it as the "Rear Axle Gear" and though maybe not the correct terminology it has always been called the rear diff. Pumpkin would also work if you're trying to be politically correct. I have called it all the above and even simply rear end.

This is no big deal, but it made me think of other things people call stuff, that are wrong. In my world of construction, My best example is a cement mixer. It's a concrete mixer. Cement is an ingredient in concrete. Hijack over:eusa_dance:

.....or SCBA and SCUBA cylinders being referred to as "oxygen tanks". They are filled with filtered, compressed AIR, never pure oxygen.
This ends my jack. Maybe.
Cheers!

Yamaha lists it as the "Rear Axle Gear" and though maybe not the correct terminology it has always been called the rear diff. Pumpkin would also work if you're trying to be politically correct. I have called it all the above and even simply rear end.

Would black paint make my rear end look smaller?:biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back