New master cylinder

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KDIMD

Reaction score
Finally gave up trying to unclog the little hole. Found this master cylinder called Nissan off of webike Japan. Cost was about $100 as it was on sale and yen is weak.

Anyway, bolted right up and did the reverse bleed and it pressurized real easy. Only downside is that it doesn't have the same lefty tighty thread for the mirror. No big deal, will prob go with bar ends.

The reservoir is not level as I have the brake lever pointed a bit high. Is this a prob? Can lower it and just get used to it or find a matching lever as the clutch side is adjustable and black while brake lever is chrome.

Next week should have.my front radial tire so all will be done for now.

Attachments

• IMG_20170816_183349787.jpg
    IMG_20170816_183349787.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20170816_183354894.jpg
    IMG_20170816_183354894.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20170816_183424455.jpg
    IMG_20170816_183424455.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 25
No should not be a problem as long as the holes in the floor are always covered by brake fluid when you squeeze the lever. I had a problem like that on another Yamaha, a bit more fluid in the reservoir & a bleeding solved it.

You are gonna like the way the bike handles w/radials. To give yourself the full experience, take a vigorous ride thru some curves w/the bias ply tires immediately before you throw the radials on, then install the radials and take the same ride. You will notice the precision especially as you are at higher speeds, as in the top third of the bike's capacity.

Really? What seemed to be the issue with cleaning the hole?

It was just a old m/c that prob had never changed the old brake fluid til I got her. The inside had a lot of sludge and the cover was beat up. Had to drill out the screw as the head stripped. Any, I tried cleaning it out with a guitar string and couldnt force it thru. I think I just pushed something further in until it was really blocked.

This was an easy fix, so just ordered a new lever and some bar ends off the same web site as I am in the Philippines so shipping from Japan is quicker and cheaper. And I find the parts are a bit better quality than some of the stuff I order off fleabay.

Well, since I will be replacing the front tire and have the wheel off, might as well replace the front rotors to those Chinese made wave rotors off flea bay. I usually would order from webike for critical components, but their rotors are super pricey.

So now will have new m/c, new rotors, new ss lines, and new to me 6 pot calipers. So good as it will get up front.

Does anyone upgrade the rears?

Well, since I will be replacing the front tire and have the wheel off, might as well replace the front rotors to those Chinese made wave rotors off flea bay. I usually would order from webike for critical components, but their rotors are super pricey.

So now will have new m/c, new rotors, new ss lines, and new to me 6 pot calipers. So good as it will get up front.

Does anyone upgrade the rears?
Really not much need to do so in my opinion. Though, I have done it and it looks cool.

You can mount a 93-07 front rotor on the rear wheel and buy an adapter to use the stock caliper. There are a few places that sell an adapter that will low mounting a R1 blue spot (or gold, or silver).

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back