• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

In search of ride ready gen 1 in $3000 - $3500 range.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking for a 1st gen max to fill the gaping hole in my soul Ieft from the absence of my '90. Still have the bike but it just needs too much work and too much $ to put it anywhere near where I want it. I'm a daily rider (well, WAS a daily rider) and was trying to learn to wrench as issues arose. Found out the hard way that this is not the best way to go about things. Anyway, I've got no interest in riding anything else and it seems that the pickin's are slim at the moment. Looking for a '96 or newer. Cops, Progressives, radial ready rear rim, Venture gearing, HID light, upgraded signals, braces, etc are some of my desired upgrades but none absolutely necessary. Somebody, please... Put me back in the saddle!

Hey TMS,

Is Charlotte, in your location line, as in Charlotte, NC?

My name is John and I live in Reidsville, NC which is about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs. north of you (according to how fast you drive I guess).

I do have my 2006 1st gen. Vmax up for sale. It is ride ready.

It is close to the $3000 - $3500 range that you mention. I want $4000 for it.

It is basically stock with 1 size up on the slow jets and 2 sizes down on the main jets.

It currently has 18K miles which will creep up as weather and time permit.

It has a Metzler on the front and an Avon Cobra on the rear (stock sizes) with at least half of their life left to give.

Not on the bike (I took everything off when I started trying to sell the bike last year) I have frame braces, engine guards with footrests, Supertrapp slip-ons exhaust, extra airbox cover (it is on the bike so that my magnetic tank bag doesn't scratch the nice flame cover the bike was born with), passenger backrest, and I also have an extra Venture final drive. I took everything off to sell separately on the forum so I could reduce the price of the bike to make it more attractive to a potential purchaser.

I'm entertaining selling because sending a child to college isn't cheap. I don't want to sell, I don't have to sell, but, with a little over 2 more years of college left to pay for I need to be ahead in the endeavor...not behind.

So, your move.

John

01, 10k miles, works shocks, racetech fork internals, 17s with pilot roads (brand new front - 0 miles) dual 320mm front discs, Corbin with a plug, custom exhaust, sean's o/d trans 5k miles ago, engine guards with pegs, braced swingarm, and stock parts.

PM me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

We have a wide selection(30+ in stock) of (Classic 85-07) VMAXs available, & would consider your broken VMAX in partial trade as well
610-509-VMAX(8629)

Latest posts

Back