Carb repair on bike..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattydejr

Reaction score
1999 VMax
Needle seat/sleeve has loosened up (unseated) from seat. Is it possible to repair without taking all four carbs out for bench work?

Guessing the only way you would know that is the view through the carb throat does not reveal the brass cylinder sticking up? Isn't the main jet screwed into the carb body, with that emulsion tube, I think it's called, beneath it? That would mean the main jet has unscrewed, and is lying in the float bowl, which should make your bike barely run, I think.

No way I know to remove the float bowl without removing the carb rack. This isn't like a set of Z-1/KZ1000 Mikuni Smoothbores, with a wide float bowl drain cap where you can use that tiny wrench to change-out main jets. Ah the Old Days!

Think he's referring to the needle jet or emulsion tube FM, which is bolted to the jet block on the inside of the float chamber.

You will need to remove the carbs & tip them upside down to access the float chamber covers. Remove a couple side bracket bolts and rock the carbs so the covers face up makes it a little easier also.

Don't forget to re-sync afterward

Latest posts

Back