Gsxr Rear wheel

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ciderking

Reaction score
Has anyone done this conversion ? I got the wheel, disc and carrier but the GSXR caliper is underslung - I'd prefer to keep the the Vmax rear brake set up. Does anyone know what rear disc will fit the the GSXR wheel but have the same diameter of the Vmax disc

Tim

Has anyone done this conversion ? I got the wheel, disc and carrier but the GSXR caliper is underslung - I'd prefer to keep the the Vmax rear brake set up. Does anyone know what rear disc will fit the the GSXR wheel but have the same diameter of the Vmax disc

Tim
I used an adapter to mount the vmax rotor to the GSXR wheel. Purchased an underslug caliper bracket that fits a R1 caliper. Cut the brake arm tab off the top of my swingarm and relocated to the underside. Made my own brake bar out of spherical rod end bearings and some solid rod.

picture.php

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That looks sweet and complete, clean and finished. I had an R1 conversion wheel, slightly off center (.75) but did not diminish perfomance, the wheel excepted a 190 tire. I liked that diameter for the smokability.

Attachments

• 051313164501.jpg
    051313164501.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 071813164143.jpg
    071813164143.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 28
I used an adapter to mount the vmax rotor to the GSXR wheel. Purchased an underslug caliper bracket that fits a R1 caliper. Cut the brake arm tab off the top of my swingarm and relocated to the underside. Made my own brake bar out of spherical rod end bearings and some solid rod.

picture.php

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Looking good Mike.

Back