Stopped at Indian in Miami FL today

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
I was interested in seeing the FTR 1200, but the salesman said he doesn't expect bikes delivered until March or April. Six months to wait? Or more? Reports of the bike's arrival are not happening! :ummm: He said he already had 5 deposits. At this pace, Indian will see Jared Mees win his #3 Daytona flattrack before the bikes are for sale/delivered.

He did have an Eddie Trotta custom "TT" bike (that's 'tavern to tavern') which he said is >130 cubic inches and was sold originally for more than $100,000. He said the bike has never been ridden. The exhaust had carbon in it, so it's been started. He said the wheels are billet titanium.

Attachments

• 20181009_163313.jpg
    20181009_163313.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 20181009_163324.jpg
    20181009_163324.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 20181009_163341.jpg
    20181009_163341.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 28
Love the colors. That exhaust makes me think it's not a bike to have if you like your neighbors haha.

What a gig to have. Sell 100k bikes that never see the road and therefore never actually have to work.

I don't get the ultra custom stuff like that. I understand and appreciate the craftsmanship required to build one. If I hit the $500 million mega lottery or whatever I still wouldn't waste my money on a bike that is basically garage/parking lot art.

Yes, the paint is really well-done, as you would expect for $$$$$. According to the sales rep I spoke-with, the first owner commissioned it as house-art, and after owning it awhile, sold it for a huge financial hit/loss. He had it on-display in his home.

I'd rather have a Brough Superior with a JAP engine, a Vincent Black Shadow or Lightning, or a Honda RC161 roadracer, if I was going to drop that kinda cash. For some of the named, that amount of cash might just-be "a good start!" I've always liked the looks of the 1970's bevel-drive single cylinder Ducatis, the 450 Scrambler in yellow being a particular favorite. Ever wonder where the company got their inspiration for their current 800 cc Scrambler model?

https://www.topspeed.com/motorcycle...ucati/1973-ducati-450-scrambler-ar129050.html

There's an exotic car/bike shop here in St Louis and the dude has a couple of Vincents for sale. Part of me wanted to ask for how much but I didn't because I know the answer is "If you have to ask, you can't afford it."

Brough's are super interesting bikes. I think Jay Leno has like 6 of them? He has a section of his garage(I mean really its more of a museum than a garage) dedicated to those bikes.

Lawrence of Arabia commissioned something like 7 of them from George Brough. He named them after the King of England. Edward the I, Edward the II, Edward the III... . The movie with Peter O'Toole is a real epic tale, and it starts out with TE Lawrence on a Brough Superior taking a countryside ride at a very-spirited pace. Lawrence was actually the bastard son of a well to-do British citizen. He was a student and expert on Medieval buildings and architecture, a tank soldier, and a newsreel hero, courtesy of Lowell Thomas.

I loved how they were custom made. When you wanted a motocycle from Brough, he made you come in and he measured like a tailor would for making you a suit.

Back